Sign in to follow this  
Moose

Feeding palms slow release organically

Moose

Arborist wood chip drop recieved yesterday afternoon :wub:

20200923_075731(1).jpg

• Like 3

Moose

Composed of freshly chipped mahogany and mango. My palms and other flora in the garden are going to enjoy this addition of organic material to the soil.

20200923_075753(1).jpg

Edited by Moose
  • Like 3

Moose

Already topped off my three compost barrels with mahogany leaves and fine chips. Compost to be used in the raised vegetable garden beds

• Like 1

The7thLegend

That's quite a haul and great organic compost.  Your plants are going to love it!

• Like 1

Mr. Coconut Palm
On 9/23/2020 at 7:05 AM, Moose said:

Arborist wood chip drop recieved yesterday afternoon :wub:

20200923_075731(1).jpg

Ronald,

That looks great for your palms and your garden.  I went ALL ORGANIC with everything I grow 9 years ago, and my trees and plants are doing much better than they ever were with all the chemicals, and are more cold and drought resistant, and the good bugs, lizards, frogs and toads are returning in abundance.

John

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• MSX
      By MSX
      Hello palmgrowers! I've never fertilized my palms before. Can I use this Norwegian granulated fertilizer to fertilize my potted and in-ground palms? And how much do I need of this per palm depending on its size?
      Also, I noticed a strange thing - the label in English says this fertilizer's NPK formula is 12-5-15, in other languages its 12-11-18, any idea why is this difference? Thanks

• husmenusta
      By husmenusta
      Hello, complete beginner here so I apologize if this questions sound stupid. 
      I have licuala grandis I purchased last july, and the store I bought said you need to replant in next April or so I have questions about that. Living in Ankara, Turley.

1 - I have some browning/yellowing on the tips only, can I do something about that? What is the probable reasons for that?
      2 - My current pot is 25 cm in diameter, so I was thinking getting 35cm in diamater? 
      3 - Any special kind of soil mixture I need to use for this palm? 
      4 - Should I use any fertiziler after repotting? 
      5 - Any advice in general how to take care of better?
      Thank you kindly for your answers.

cd4c0733-3e7f-40c8-9bcb-fd3394d9c7d6 (1).jfif fa95a840-aaad-4c65-a213-cf4e330243ff.jfif cd4c0733-3e7f-40c8-9bcb-fd3394d9c7d6.jfif
    • jdl
      By jdl
      Is this a nutrients deficiency in my Sylvester palms? And do I need to fertilize them more? Or could it be from over/under watering? Also is fertilizing at this time of the year (late Decemeber /early January) bad?

• newtopalmsMD
      By newtopalmsMD
      Here in my MD 7a location I usually add about a foot of oak leaf mulch over the roots of my trachys and sabals for the winter.  I have about 15 (two cubic foot) bags of hardwood mulch that I never put down this summer.  Would it be a good idea to add 3 or 4 inches of this hard wood mulch over the roots of my palms instead of oak leaves?  I also cut down about 10 or so musa basjoo banana tree that I cut down for the winter.  are these banana leaves good for winter mulch to put of the banana stems for the winter?
      Thanks
    • TampaPalms
      By TampaPalms
      Today I went ahead and added some Epsom salt to my arecas and foxtail palm. I was at thinking of adding a light light palm fertilizer to them especially the arecas to keep them nice and green as we just had a cold snap. I am in zone 9B in Tampa. Anyone in 9B or 10A have luck fertilizing palms in the winter? I'm afraid if I do so we will have another borderline freeze the new growth will be more susceptible to be killed.