Sign in to follow this  
PalmTreeDude

Palm Seeds And Bleach To Prevent Mold Question

PalmTreeDude

So I have been reading things about people soaking palm seeds in small amounts of bleach and water for a minute or two to prevent them from getting mold while germinating. My question is, when you soak them in the bleach and water solution, do you rinse them with water right after, or do you put them straight into the medium? I have looked for the answer to this and could not find it. 

Edited by PalmTreeDude

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Several female Chamaedorea tepejilote in my backyard jungle have produced a crop of 120+ seeds between them. I have divided them into two equal lots for two interested buyers. Read more about this palm species here:
      http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Chamaedorea_tepejilote
      See summary below:
      Chamaedorea tepejilote fresh 2020 seeds - Two Lots Only: 60 seeds @ $15.00 for each Lot
      Shipping: $5.00      No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      TOTAL = $20.00
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested
      Photos
      Seeds

Parent Plants

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      My Carpentaria is producing a bounty of red fruit and seeds. Is there any interest in these seeds or should I send them to the compost pile?

• CodyORB
      By CodyORB
      I soaked them for 3 days (May 3-5) and placed in a 4:1 mixture of perlite and peat moss. 28 seeds split into 5 pots, 1 indoors (around 78F) and 4 outdoors (around 90F day - 75F night). Was expecting to wait 6 months to a year for germination. Surprisingly, the first to sprout was in the indoor pot! Since then I've moved all 5 into the garage (80's-90'sF) and I look forward to more action!
      A quick question, when is a good time to transplant it into its own pot with more nutritious soil?

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Elaeis guineensis, the African Oil Palm, is grown commercially for the oil in its seeds. It is a very large palm with a Jurassic Park look I really like. It reaches 70'+ tall and has a crown of 40 massive leaves - when we cut one down we have to slice it in two to carry it to the street. The trunk is covered with spirally arranged leaf bases. It is hardy to zone 10. Our oldest palm is now dropping large seeds that germinate soon after hitting  the ground. This is an eye-catching palm if you have the space for it and a palm you will never find at your local BB garden center. I have nearly 60 seeds at the moment and I am selling them in either two lots of 25+ or one lot of 50+
      Elaeis guineensis: TWO LOTS of 25+ seeds each @ $5.00 per lot
                                    Shipping = $5.00 per lot
                                    TOTAL = $10.00 per lot
      ---------------------------OR-------------------------------------------
      Elaeis guineensis: ONE LOT of 50+ seeds @ $8.00 for the lot
                                   Shipping = $6.00 for the lot
                                   TOTAL = $14.00
      Payment via Paypal. PM me if interested
      Photos
      Seeds

Mother Palm

• CodyORB
      By CodyORB
      I had a CIDP seed and 3 P. Dactyliferas  germinate roughly a week ago after spending 3-4 weeks in a moist perlite plate outside in north FL. I moved them into holepunched cups filled with a well-draining cactus soil kept moist to finish germination (+minute amounts of fungicide). When can I expect to see something pop up?