IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

By By palm garden......

Kamipalms

Well its finally ( well allmost) time to move on ......

2347462-01.jpg

By By Kentia's ......

2347462-03.jpg

By By back yard....

2347462-15.jpg

Made the move to Mandurah - West Aust

Kamipalms,
Growing for the future

HELLO!! sand pit!

sandpit2.jpg

Oh NO!.... here we go again ???

sandpit1.jpg

Kamipalms,
Growing for the future

Jason, are you taking the small greenhouse with the opening roof with you?

How many potted plants do you have?

Hope it all goes well.

Adelaide, South Australia

Classic Mediterranean climate

Zone 10a, maybe zone 10b

is the house still for sale?

If there's a place where I want to live its australie.

:cool:

and these beautifull palms wauw

(alan.oz @ Jan. 22 2008,18:58)

Jason, are you taking the small greenhouse with the opening roof with you?

How many potted plants do you have?

Hope it all goes well.

Hi Alan,

Yes , the small greenhouse is coming with us and potted plants...... um..... around 1500 odd

- now thats going to be fun!   :;):

Kamipalms,
Growing for the future

(Texeltropics @ Jan. 22 2008,19:18)

is the house still for sale?

If there's a place where I want to live its australie.

:cool:

and these beautifull palms wauw

Yes, the house has only just been listed but I've got a feeling it won't last too long ( fingers crossed)

Kamipalms,
Growing for the future

All the best Jay. Your new garden will be even better.

regards

Tyrone

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

Jason,

I would say you have a lot of work ahead.  But, it should be fun.  How is the real estate market there?  So houses sell quickly?

dk

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

Your present home is just beautiful, and I know that after you've been in your new sand pit for a little while it will look just as lovely! Think of it as a new adventure and a chance to get things just like you want them from the start!

"You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes"---SliPknot

Jason you are obviously used to hard work and like a challenge.  Some pictures of the new house would be good too.  I assume it's pretty much finished now, if the old one is on the market.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

One finshed canvas to the next one . . . ..

Sounds more like a time of joy than sorrow!

Keep us apprised on your progress . . . .

dave

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Dear Jason  :)

your previous house looks fabulous and its clear how much time you have spent to create that lovely home ! But iam shure you are a very able person who can create a lovely home with palm around in no time !  :)

All the best wishes to you & 'Keep Walking'_my friend !

lots of love to you & your kids..

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Hey Jay, If you're after any bigger (not seedling) palms that you want to start with, come over and pick some out. My pot collection is getting bigger exponentially as they grow and I'm seriously out of room. I've got some nice bottle-spindle crosses plus other stuff. I've got heaps of Archontophoenix maxima and some A purpurea that really need homes. Just a thought, but you're welcome to go through my collection.  :)

Best regards

Tyrone

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

(Tyrone @ Jan. 26 2008,17:56)

Hey Jay, If you're after any bigger (not seedling) palms that you want to start with, come over and pick some out. My pot collection is getting bigger exponentially as they grow and I'm seriously out of room. I've got some nice bottle-spindle crosses plus other stuff. I've got heaps of Archontophoenix maxima and some A purpurea that really need homes. Just a thought, but you're welcome to go through my collection.  :)

Best regards

Tyrone

That has to be an offer to hard to refuse, onya Tyrone, Go Jay, get in there before he changes his mind  :D  :D

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

(Neofolis @ Jan. 22 2008,21:48)

Jason you are obviously used to hard work and like a challenge.  Some pictures of the new house would be good too.  I assume it's pretty much finished now, if the old one is on the market.

Almost finished Corey....

Heres a couple of pics  :;):

You may remember this one- May 30 '07

may30-1.jpg

July 26 '07

july26-1.jpg

and the same photo - Dec 20 '07 with the Scaffold removed

mad2.jpg

Kamipalms,
Growing for the future

Looking down into the Kitchen

mad3.jpg

Kitchen as of today

mad4.jpg

Add the front... as of today

mad1.jpg

Kamipalms,
Growing for the future

(Tyrone @ Jan. 26 2008,16:56)

Best regards

Tyrone

What day are you free?.... I'll be there!!!

Kamipalms,
Growing for the future

(amazondk @ Jan. 22 2008,21:29)

Jason,

I would say you have a lot of work ahead.  But, it should be fun.  How is the real estate market there?  So houses sell quickly?

dk

Don,

Sorry I missed your question.....

The real estate market peaked early last year which pushed the average Perth house price up more than 100% over a 2 year period.

Today's market has slowed and house prices have slightly declined , interest rates are still climbing , headed towards the 9% mark but in spite of this housing sales are still reasonably strong.

We had our first official 'home open' on Sunday and this bought 4 interested parties. 3 'subject to sale' ( where they need to sell their home first ) a 1 Cash buyer who is waiting for a Visa approval. If all goes well , it shouldn't take too long to sell.

Kamipalms,
Growing for the future

I'd trade the sod for the sand any day Jason! Hard to depart from those nice Kentias though.

Frank

Zone 9b pine flatlands

humid/hot summers; dry/cool winters

with yearly freezes

(Kamipalms @ Jan. 28 2008,11:31)

(Tyrone @ Jan. 26 2008,16:56)

Best regards

Tyrone

What day are you free?.... I'll be there!!!

Give me a ring Jason and we'll organize a time. I'm in the phone book or PM me.

Best regards

Tyrone

Beautiful part of the world.My life will not be complete unless I make it there.Good luck with your move.

What you look for is what is looking

Dear Jason  :)

your house is a beauty and the roof tiles really look very unique and i want to ask you a question,i do not see much of concretised pillers and concretised beams,lintals ? in indian constructions every 10 to 12 feet we have a pillers and the piller thickness is based how many floors one is gona built on that site ! and we do not use wood at all except for the doors & windows.

thanks & love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Wow Jason your new place looks like it's gonna be a SWEET pad!!!

Dave Hughson

Carlsbad, Ca

1 mile from ocean

Zone 10b

Palm freaks are good peeps!!!!!