• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

3 line preview of forum topics?

Merlyn

After the latest update all the forums defaulted to showing the topic and then a 3 line preview of the first post.  This showed up on my Android tablet (Brave browser) a few days ago, and then showed up on my regular PC (Firefox browser) today.  While this might be a nice feature to have as an option, I couldn't find a way to turn it off in my profile settings.  I vaguely recall this happening a year or two ago, but can't recall what I did to "fix" it.  I already tried logging out and back in, with no change.  Any suggestions?

• 3 months later...

I just started seeing this today. I’m not a fan because I think it actually increases content discovery time since you have to scroll more to see all the forum’s threads.

I’ve noticed there is now an “expanded” and a “condensed” option in the top right of the list. The condensed gets rid of the preview altogether - for those viewing on smaller screens. Does this work for you?

I think there may be a way for me to reduce the number of preview lines - but those who view on larger screens may prefer more to preview. What do you think?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Thanks, the condensed setting fixed it.

Expanded seems to be the default setting now and I think it would be best to use condensed as default on mobile. Hopefully the forum software has sufficient configurability to make the change, if desired.

Edited by RedRabbit

13 hours ago, RedRabbit said:

Thanks, the condensed setting fixed it.

Expanded seems to be the default setting now and I think it would be best to use condensed as default on mobile. Hopefully the forum software has sufficient configurability to make the change, if desired.

Good idea. Or there may be a setting to use less than 3 lines as the preview. If no options now, maybe there will be some in later releases. I will check into it more when I have the time.

• Like 1

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

• 2 months later...

I just noticed the replies here, the option for expanded/condensed works great!  On bigger screens the expanded is useful with the 3 lines, and on the phone the condensed makes it a lot easier to scroll.