What exactly means " like" and " upvote"

Alberto

When to use one or the other? I really don' t know.... 😀

Screenshot_20230601_180809_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Carambeí, 2nd tableland of the State Paraná , south Brazil.

Alt:1030m. Native palms: Queen, B. eriospatha, B. microspadix, Allagoptera leucocalyx , A.campestris, Geonoma schottiana, Trithrinax acanthocoma. Subtr. climate, some frosty nights. No dry season. August: driest month. Rain:1700mm

I am seeking for cold hardy palms!

Alberto, I have assumed that "like" means you enjoy the post, photographs, etc. on a basic level, and "upvote" is used mostly to show that you think it is worthy of high placement as a good solution to a problem...more or less. I get confused myself about this, and perhaps it is just that those of us who are "beyond a certain age" don't completely understand some of these terms and icons/emojis commonly thrown around with great facility by the younger social-media-savvy population...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Michael Norell

Rancho Mirage, California | 33°44' N 116°25' W | 287 ft | z10a | avg Jan 43/70F | Jul 78/108F avg | Weather Station KCARANCH310

previously Big Pine Key, Florida | 24°40' N 81°21' W | 4.5 ft. | z12a | Calcareous substrate | avg annual min. approx 52F | avg Jan 65/75F | Jul 83/90 | extreme min approx 41F

previously Natchez, Mississippi | 31°33' N 91°24' W | 220 ft.| z9a | Downtown/river-adjacent | Loess substrate | avg annual min. 23F | Jan 43/61F | Jul 73/93F | extreme min 2.5F (1899); previously Los Angeles, California (multiple locations)