IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

A trip to Banglore...

Kris

Dear Friends  :)

After a gap of 12 years recently i visit banglore on a personal work.and though my stay was a brief one then.i did capture few beautiful stills of that garden city which is fast becoming a computer software hub of asia !

So shall we move on with the tour and i promise that during my next visit i will cover the lal bagh garden...And add to this thread !

thanks & love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

This is the main drive way from the airpot into the city...all line

median which partitions the main road is all lined up with healthy looking Royal palms,its the work of the highways dept & the local airport authority of india.

here is the stills of that location...

post-108-1191943222_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

And to my surprise i had seen there the stoutest of the stout royals in many residential houses..i will see wheather i will get permission to take snaps of those too...but need some time on that...

those were very stout & impressive and i have never seen so big ones even in our forum members stills.and to my observation the royals love cooler climates than the hot place that i live-in...

love conquers all..

43278.gif

and the pink building behind is the famous 5 star delux hotel newly built in the style of palace of rajasthan..and it is believed to be very expensive !

post-108-1191943859_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

And what surprised me is that they have given prominence to coconut trees and less palms were visible in that lux hotel ?

But in the main entrence i did see a couple of triangles..

post-108-1191944001_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Those royals are some fatties.  I just can't help but smack them everytime I'm near one.  I don't know about you guys but I would steer clear of any coconut palm.  I wondered if anyone go plop by one of the coconut by the sidewalk (DOINK!).

looking forward to seeing more,kris.you have me hooked  :D

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

please show more pics Kris.

I spent some time in Bangalore in 1977 and found it to be a nice feeling with not so much of the common hustle and bustle of other big cities in India. Also there was not that many palm variety there then.

Coconuts are most often used when they can be as they are relatively fast growing, cheap or free and abundant and will transplant easily when already large size.

Same here in the south pacific where we are sick of the sight of the dirty things.

Some new shape and form is more appreciated than the cheap way.

Located on Vanua Levu near Savusavu (16degrees South) Elevation from sealevel to 30meters with average annual rainfall of 2800mm (110in) with temperature from 18 to 34C (65 to 92F).

Nice pix Kris, we want more...

Hey, do you guys also drive in the wrong side of the street in India?  :D

Sirinhaém beach, 80 Km south of Recife - Brazil

Tropical oceanic climate, latitude 8° S

Temperature extremes: 25 to 31°C

2000 mm average rainfall, dry summers

(BigFrond @ Oct. 09 2007,11:39)

Those royals are some fatties.  I just can't help but smack them everytime I'm near one.  I don't know about you guys

:D

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Jim  :)

iam glad to know you have been their and today banglore is totally different form what it was in 1970's lots of buildings and less of trees but i must see what they have in their gardens left !

love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

(Gileno Machado @ Oct. 10 2007,05:58)

Hey, do you guys also drive in the wrong side of the street in India?  :D

Dear Gileno  :)

here in india we have right hand drive system that was given to us by the british.so all the cars are right hand drive and what you see in those picture is normal & legally correct method for all our drivers.

love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear bubba  :)

thanks a lot my friend and your new avatar simply rocks ! and also keeps reminding me of my Crock tour posts... :)

lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Kris.

Beautiful pictures. :)

Kris in the moment of the shot. Maximum concentration. :cool:

sniper.jpg

The hunter, hunted.

Sin-ttulo-1.gif

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Murcia (Spain) C.E.

9B zone

Dear Toni & Jeff  :)

thanks for visitng and toni iam glad you are enjoying...More to come,but need some time !

lots of love to you all,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris, thanks for those stills.  Those Royals are beautiful.

May I request that you be careful while shooting pictures while driving.....on the wrong side of the road.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

(MattyB @ Oct. 12 2007,13:46)

May I request that you be careful while shooting pictures while driving.....on the wrong side of the road.

Dear Matty  :)

thanks for your concern,but i did not drive but the choffer of the tourist taxi drove the vehical.and the cars you see in the pictures are all travelling correctly as per our traffic rules.we drive right not left like in the U.S !  :D that was given to us by the colonieal british.so my request to you & american friends is never drive in india and try keeping your eyes closed while travelling in a heavy traffic.. :D

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

KRIS!

You're driving on whatever side of the road, keep the headgear on straight, and let's have some more palms.

Or pics of people's houses.

If no one else cares, I do.

PICTURE!  ROWEREREREE

Ahem.

Dave

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Thanks for the pictures Kris.  Please keep more pictures of your place in the world coming.  

dk

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

Dear Friends  :)

Now lets see the landscapes & buildings from the Hotel where i stayed,since i had some personal work to attend to in banglore..and the hotel i stayed in was Woodlands hotel situated in the heart of the city and the food is up to my taste(Vegtarian) and room tariff was around 46 u.s dollars and morning break fast was complimentry to the guest who stay in their hotel.

and now lets see from the balcomy of that hotel,around this city..the still that you see here is the huge office complex of the kingfisher airlines,this airlines is owned by the Dr.Vijay mallaya's United Breweries Group..which also manufactures kingfisher beers & spirits..

post-108-1192464407_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif