IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

15 gal Foxy Lady (wodyetia x Veitchia)

Josue Diaz

Alas, the time has come. I've been growing this foxy lady a few years now and I think it's time to rehome her. It's in a 15 gal but it ideally should go in the ground soon, it's filled in that pot already. I was really ambitious intending to grow her up here, but Fresno winters will trash it every year. It deserves a good home with a good climate down south. If you know anyone looking who would make a good palm parent send em my way. Asking $650 for the 15 gal. I'll post pictures tomorrow in daylight :crying:

You can pick up in Fresno, or I can deliver to Southern California before the end of July. I'll throw in two free 5 gal Dypsis plumosa to sweeten the deal - those, too, want a winter climate warmer than mine. 

Cheers!

Josué 

• Like 1

Here is the palm, looks very healthy aside from the obvious cold spots on the old fronds. The pot comes with not one, but TWO ghost peppers about to bloom and fruit to add a bit of spice to the deal (i plant peppers in my pots to help shade the pots from our intense heat and sun). 

Willing to entertain offers. 

DSC_0529.JPG

DSC_0533.JPG

DSC_0527.JPG

DSC_0530.JPG

DSC_0531.JPG

DSC_0532.JPG

DSC_0535.JPG

• Like 1

Josue, let me know if you get up to the Bay at all...I'd buy it.  I have a few in the ground up here and they do well in sheltered locations.

• Upvote 1

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

This palm has sold! Going to a spot in the Los Angeles area

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

This is a holy grail palm for many of us PTers. Wish this was more available for us to try in not so favorable zones haha 

T J 

• Like 1

T J 

On 6/20/2022 at 2:20 PM, OC2Texaspalmlvr said:

This is a holy grail palm for many of us PTers. Wish this was more available for us to try in not so favorable zones haha 

T J 

Agreed I definitely want one.  There is definitely a market for them.  I hope/expect some new batches to hit the market sometime soon. 

Where did that palm originate? Was it grown from a seed made by nature or by manual cross pollination? 

On 6/25/2022 at 8:02 AM, JD in the OC said:

Where did that palm originate? Was it grown from a seed made by nature or by manual cross pollination? 

Purchased several years ago as a seedling from a breeder in Florida. I grew it outdoors in Fresno to this size. 

• Like 2

hope this is okay to post on your thread. :) 

I have some 3g and 7g available to ship!!! 

If anyone is interested and missed out on this one. I am certified to ship to all states as well. 

thanks, 

Shelby 

(239) 318-0460

• Like 2

On 7/11/2022 at 11:57 AM, PalmMom007 said:

How much for a 3g to 77510 ? 

T J 

T J 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2022 at 9:57 AM, PalmMom007 said:

If anyone is interested and missed out on this one. I am certified to ship to all states as well. 

thanks, 

Shelby 

(239) 318-0460

Hello. 

Im interested in these. Got any pictures ? 

On 7/13/2022 at 8:02 PM, 96720 said:

How much for the 7gal

Still hunting eh? 
Did you ever see a response from her ? 

6 hours ago, BillDaCat8 said:

Still hunting eh? 

My guess is it's best to just call her , the old fashion way haha 

T J 

• Upvote 1

T J 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 3:10 PM, BillDaCat8 said:

Still hunting eh? 

Has anyone gotten a response from her or been able to contact them?

9 minutes ago, floridaPalmMan said:

I haven't heard anything. I think we'll need to call on the phone. 

Shelby (239) 318-0460

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BillDaCat8 said:

I haven't heard anything. I think we'll need to call on the phone. 

Shelby (239) 318-0460

@floridaPalmMan

I got an email back from @PalmMom007 and the prices are actually pretty fair. She has 3g and 7g available at the moment. I didnt ask how many tho.

T J 

• Upvote 1

T J 

1 minute ago, OC2Texaspalmlvr said:

@floridaPalmMan

I got an email back from @PalmMom007 and the prices are actually pretty fair. She has 3g and 7g available at the moment. I didnt ask how many tho.

T J 

Any pictures? 

Hi, I am here! Calls/texts are much better in reaching me or my husband, Corey! I do need to get better on checking my palm talk tho! 

I responded via PM back to everyone that had written me about them, I also spoke with some of you via text/phone. 
If I haven’t, please get in touch with me via text or phone call (239) 318-0460 if you are still interested. 

See below for pictures of what we have:

I have 3-3g (one slight variegation) 

I have 3-7g (one slight variegation) 

PM (text would be better) with your address, size, and quantity you would like. Then I’ll will get pricing and shipping quote to you and we can go from there. 

Thanks, 

Shelby 

(239) 318-0460

image.jpg

28F52123-752D-46C0-B92A-F39BD7996A85.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

1BE429A8-FF2A-4ADD-8EAB-9FB4DA4D00B4.jpeg

A9A023D8-1404-4325-B431-AE081562D0B8.jpeg

31FB1134-431E-4DD2-91EE-5DE1C86409FE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I bought a 7 gallon from Premier Growers about 8 months ago and it's already outgrowing the 25 gallon pot I moved it into.  Good quality plant and amazing growth.

20220810_185132.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

On 7/25/2022 at 2:52 PM, BillDaCat8 said:

Hello. 

Im interested in these. Got any pictures ? 

I have 3 3g and 3 7g 

1 of each 3 and 7 is slightly variegated with 2 of each being greens. 

F060F002-C4B9-40D6-B6A1-D56BFB425F96.jpeg

644ED261-5056-4636-8511-70FF8ACBCB13.jpeg

10DB5F60-EF1E-47A5-AA0D-68D1D5DECE18.jpeg

1B9A4E25-FBC0-4E5D-905B-7F4A477D15BB.jpeg

32FD6A35-49A6-421C-BAC9-1A47EBA5FA80.jpeg

6C5F8571-E6B7-4BF8-93C1-522D18CF23DF.jpeg

On 8/8/2022 at 1:19 PM, floridaPalmMan said:

72D95BD8-2462-4239-8CB3-008FEB3DC997.jpeg

1C8FF1E3-17BF-4F16-9102-9222D87F574B.jpeg

84601B7F-487E-4FD3-B1E4-449BA67DF7E6.jpeg

889F8387-6840-4F89-A168-0F9B827532B6.jpeg

DFB83B1B-CF1D-4263-A660-8CF84409E397.jpeg

AAB98D82-B23F-451C-B63F-1A5CE899E70C.jpeg

• Like 1

I sold out of 3g, but I have 3 7g left if anyone else is wanting to get one. 
thanks,

shelby 

(239) 318-0460

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one not at all what I wanted specifically said I did not want a variegated one guess what I got an ugly variegated one was packed very poorly basically came bear root very disappointed!!!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 96720 said:

I bought one not at all what I wanted specifically said I did not want a variegated one guess what I got an ugly variegated one was packed very poorly basically came bear root very disappointed!!!!!

Picture?

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

Mesa, Arizona

Temps between 29F and 115F each year

13 hours ago, 96720 said:

56 minutes ago, aztropic said:

Picture?

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

I am waiting on my picture from him as well? it is funny he comes on here to talk but will not respond to my emails and messages via phone directly.  He is the only one to have a problem with their foxy lady order, and started to complain even before it was delivered. 

• Like 1

I never said the palm looked bad I said it was basically bare root and variegated which I specifically said I didn’t want!!! After I posted this a guy in California pm me and said his was also basically bare root with like mine had 1 gal root ball in a 3 gal pot his being shipped to California was $250 mine shipped to Arizona was$275 doesn’t make since but you do business the way you want!! I have got palms from Flouibunda and jungle music and never had the problem I had with this palm of you are going to ship palms at least learn how to pack them!!!

505FF1E1-FB97-4CBA-A69E-9EC1ED841011.jpeg

On 8/26/2022 at 7:20 PM, 96720 said:

Hmmm. This could turn out to be a win/win/win for everybody...:D 

I would LOVE to own that 'ugly' palm. Considering the same size palm starting this thread was offered at $650, and SOLD, I think you still got a great deal even though it wasn't exactly the plant you envisioned.

You know I would give it a good home if you are willing to let it go.

Here is my proposition to get you the majority of your cash back,plus 3 seedlings of Pseudophoenix sargentii - a species you have said you would like to try again.

I can come pick up that palm at your convenience,deliver you $200 cash, plus the 3 Pseudophoenix seedlings in the pic if you would be interested in selling. This is a bona feid offer,if you are willing to accept it.

I am good with the outcome either way, but if you really want to rid yourself of that 'ugly' plant,I am ready to adopt. :greenthumb:

aztropic

Mesa, Arizona 

IMG_20220828_132729983.jpg

• Like 3

Mesa, Arizona

I am lousy at keeping seedlings alive let alone sargentii seedlings! Premier has sargentii seedlings and 7gal vinifera but they don’t know how to ship. I’m hoping that the foxy lady will turn all green it only has 1 frond that is variegated.

Actually,light variegation is not a bad thing. It PROVES that it is a true foxy lady,as foxtails are almost never variegated. Lots of people have been sold green 'foxy lady' palms in the past, that eventually turn out growing up into standard foxtails. I was one of them...:crying:

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mesa, Arizona

@96720 Taking a look at your foxy lady in the pic. Seems like you got a helluva deal from @PalmMom007 then the original poster was selling for substantially cheaper. From the pic seems like your palm flew across the country unharmed. Which makes me believe the packing couldn't have been that bad right. Comparing Premier to Floribunda or Jungle music is a pretty high pedestal which both have perfected shipping across the USA I'm sure Premier would take constructive criticism over packing technique in pm anyday. Blasting them in this thread like they screwed you over is shameful. You got an amazing holy grail palm at a discount price. Really not sure what you were trying to accomplish imo. 

T J 

• Like 2

T J 

You did not get a palm that was basically bare root and a palm you specifically said you did not want!!! If you are supposed to a shipping company you would think that they would know how to pack it properly!!!