Jump to content

Sabal Transplant


KsLouisiana
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey experts! So question for y'all.  So my local landscape place has 10'-12' Sabals right now non regenerated for $425. Not a bad deal. I was wondering if y'all think its a good time to plant one mid September.  I have a perfect spot for one and really need one. Haha. Thoughts on if there's enough warmth left in the season in Southern Louisiana zone 9.  I guess it's similar to North or central Florida.  Thanks for the advice y'all!

20210911_163005.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

for a second I thought you were planting it leaning over, I was like that's gonna grow pretty cool :floor: Looks awesome and that trunk is a beast!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ZPalms said:

for a second I thought you were planting it leaning over, I was like that's gonna grow pretty cool :floor: Looks awesome and that trunk is a beast!!!

Well if the come along didn't work we would have had to plant it on that angle. Lol.  And yeah its a stocky sumbitch! Hahaha. Cant wait to see what it turns out to look like!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, KsLouisiana said:

Well if the come along didn't work we would have had to plant it on that angle. Lol.  And yeah its a stocky sumbitch! Hahaha. Cant wait to see what it turns out to look like!

Hope it gets a very nice full crown, it's gonna be beautiful! :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, PalmTreeDude said:

That’s a big one! It’s going to look super cool in a year or two when it grows out! Keep us updated! 

Thanks man! Will definitely keep the updates coming. As well as the bismarck growing in a zone 9a... fingers crossed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Willis said:

In SC, they go for much cheaper than that. I got 2 of mine for $250 a piece.

Auch... I am wondering, will my wife divorce me if I will tell her that I am driving to SC to get some Palmettos? :D Of course I have another three problems here with doing this:

  1. I don't have a truck for doing this
  2. I will need help planting the Palmettos
  3. I am tired of digging over and over again in my backyard.... 

Let's say that the number 2 and 3 I can get over but I still don't have a truck which I would have to rent and I know the answer that I will be single after doing this, bye bye married life. :) 

Just checking right now... there are 1,172 miles from my house to Myrtle Beach (just picking up a location in SC). Let's say that I fly over there but I still have to drive 1,172 miles back home with the Sabals.

You guys can call me crazy but next spring I am thinking about taking a vacation there with my wife and after that driving and getting home with a rental truck one day after my wife probably.

But again, who has these Sabal Palmettos for these prices in SC?

Edited by CiprianS
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CiprianS said:

Auch... I am wondering, will my wife divorce me if I will tell her that I am driving to SC to get some Palmettos? :D Of course I have another three problems here with doing this:

  1. I don't have a truck for doing this
  2. I will need help planting the Palmettos
  3. I am tired of digging over and over again in my backyard.... 

Let's say that the number 2 and 3 I can get over but I still don't have a truck which I would have to rent and I know the answer that I will be single after doing this, bye bye married life. :) 

Just checking right now... there are 1,172 miles from my house to Myrtle Beach (just picking up a location in SC). Let's say that I fly over there but I still have to drive 1,172 miles back home with the Sabals.

You guys can call me crazy but next spring I am thinking about taking a vacation there with my wife and after that driving and getting home with a rental truck one day after my wife probably.

But again, who has these Sabal Palmettos for these prices in SC?

Haaa. That all sounds like alot of work/risk.   But alot of reward...haha.  But for real on Facebook marketplace there's someone in Houston selling them for $375 and someone in Fort Worth selling them for $120 supposedly....not bad.  And the best part is the wife might still keep ya around!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/541530120160288/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post

 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/581870502832846/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Second ad is $120 per foot,8 ft minimum...  But first ad looks like a good deal in Houston.

 

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

  • Like 1

Mesa, Arizona

 

Temps between 29F and 115F each year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I contacted the first seller, the add is posted 25 weeks ago though....that means March after the stupid winter storm passed. :) Time to wait and see if he will answer.

@edit: it seems that he is on 1331 Crosstimbers St in Houston, by looking on google it also shows a photo with some Sabals. :) 

Edited by CiprianS
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, CiprianS said:

I contacted the first seller, the add is posted 25 weeks ago though....that means March after the stupid winter storm passed. :) Time to wait and see if he will answer.

@edit: it seems that he is on 1331 Crosstimbers St in Houston, by looking on google it also shows a photo with some Sabals. :) 

Awesome man. Good luck with that! Keep us posted

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The prices are between $280 (6 to 9 ft. trunk) and $340 (10 to 12 or 13 ft.) for them. They are not regenerated, just freshly dug up from the field. I need to figure out who can install them for me if I pull the trigger on two of them. They are a wholesaler, they have about 84 out of 114 which they got in the other day. They have also some installers that they work with that charge about $375 to $425 to transport and install a palm tree.

I need to think about this now while it's still hot in my mind. :) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...