IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

PalmTreeDude

Do you have a weather station? I have been thinking about getting one for Weather Underground... Are they good? 

PalmTreeDude

If you get one, drop some bills and get a good one.

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

I have an Accurite 5 in 1 pro that also has a web interface. It is a good one that is reasonably priced. I have mine listed on WeatherUndergroud.

Edited by Palmaceae

Lived in Cape Coral, Miami, Orlando and St. Petersburg Florida.

I bought this weather station about a year ago that is made to be used on Wunderground. It was only $60 when I purchased it and well worth the money. What I like about Wunderground is how it continuously records all your data so you're able to look back and see what it was at any given time rather than just recording the max/min like you normally get with a thermometer. That said, I've had a problem with the daily summary not displaying for the past week so I'm hoping the Wunderground staff will eventually get back with me on fixing this problem. :unsure:

Westchase | 9b 10a  ◆  Nokomis | 10a  ◆  St. Petersburg | 10a 10b 

Davis vantage pro for me. Wireless solar powered, data logger and links to an app on my phone with thousands of others around the globe.  You can see all of them on the davis weather map online. 

I just got this: ambient wireless weather ws-10  with 3 sensors. Seems to do a decent job and I can have the station in my shop where my potted plants are and monitor my circus tents. If I keep this hobby up I will surely upgrade to something online for remote access. But for now this works well enough!

LOWS 16/17 12F, 17/18 3F, 18/19 7F, 19/20 20F

Palms growing in my garden: Trachycarpus Fortunei, Chamaerops Humilis, Chamaerops Humilis var. Cerifera, Rhapidophyllum Hystrix, Sabal Palmetto 

Thank you all! I might end up getting one this Spring. 

Edited by PalmTreeDude

PalmTreeDude

I have used several different stations over the years but finally upgraded to the Davis Vantage pro2.  Over three years in use with zero issues.  This site typically has the best price:https://www.scientificsales.com/Davis-6152-Wireless-Vantage-Pro2-6510USB-p/6152-6510usb.htm

• Upvote 1

Orange, Ca USDA Zone 10a Elevation 246'

Sunset Zone 23