• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Random rainy photo's

Kennybenjamin

G'day everyone, We had some much needed rain around these parts this afternoon!! Plants have been baking here recently and todays good rains are very very welcome! You might notice some burnt palm parts... They will grow out, I hope!!

Normally I have to water for a couple of hours a day which occurs when I get home from work around 5:00 pm, didn't have to water today so I took some rainy pics and thought I would post them instead.

No order or many coments here as my computer hasn't been posting properly recently, pics start in my front yard then move to my back yard. I can answer sp. names etc if anyone wishes to know them.. There is a few foliage plants amongst the photo's too, I'm sure you wont mind.

Other rainy pics welcome too if you wish to chime in....

post-6412-0-20623300-1390463514_thumb.jp

post-6412-0-73116600-1390463616_thumb.jp

post-6412-0-55936600-1390463980_thumb.jp

post-6412-0-91238600-1390463998_thumb.jp

post-6412-0-17271500-1390464020_thumb.jp

your garden is looking very nice Ben !

Old Beach ,Hobart
Tasmania ,Australia. 42 " south
Cool Maritime climate

Beautiful palm garden. Enjoy your rain.

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

Your gardens lookn very healthy n happy Ben and will be even healthier after this beautiful rain, I dont see any burnt palms, id rather heat than hail damage, I look fwd to more pics you take early in the morning b4 you head to work. Pete :)

Ben, your garden looks good,

I feel the drops, my laptop is wet :)

Which species is on post 2 pic 13 ? young Clinostigma?

Thanks

Philippe

5809129ecff1c_P1010385copie3.JPG.15aa3f5

Philippe

Jungle Paradise in Sri Lanka

Pete G, coccothrinax sp. barbadensis or alta I believe.

Philippe it's a Bentinckia nicobarica, I know you also gave these and they are Clinostigma lookalikes while young..... Fast growers too when they want to be!

What? No Brown?

Looking good there Ben!

Daryl

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

WOW! Nice garden!

May I ask what the heck this beauty is???? It's spectacular!!!!!! Must....... find......... One!!!!!!!!

post-9514-0-81877200-1390512735.jpg

Edited by Palmdude

Nice pic's Comic, yours looks about as full as mine!! Thanks for joining in!

Palmdude, there 2 coccothrinax species in that photo. the one with the narrow leaflets is C. agentata or C. argentea... I never know which one of those it is?? The other is the same palm I answered Peter G about, scroll up for the answer!

Daryl, there is definitely plenty of burnt leaves in this garden! Their presence helped me to decide what and where to photograph. If the photos were panned wider they would be everywhere so basically they are all just out of shot. You will see an example in the very first photo where I couldn't crop out the burnt Dypsis leaves.

• 4 months later...

Ben, this is very good. Just came across the thread now.

The thought of an "open palm garden" day has just channeled into my small brain.

Climatic Zone: Vile..

Cheers Roger,

You are welcome to come to my garden anytime your up this way! I am expecting a visit from Tassie Troy in a few weeks from now. Any palmtalker is always welcome at my place!!