IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Butia odorata

edric

Germinated in 1994, it has the best fruit I have ever eaten, the seed that produced this specimen came from a tree, where an old house built in the 1800's, on the corner of the first canal on the back road to Cape Kennedy. When the government took over the Cape the house was so far gone, they tore it down and all that was left was the tree, I went back in 1995 to collect fruit, and the tree was dead, I dug this seedling (then) up at the base of the dead tree, just pushing its third leaf, Ed

post-3109-011526700 1312378594_thumb.jpg

MOSQUITO LAGOON

Oak_Hill.gif

Germinated in 1994, it has the best fruit I have ever eaten, the seed that produced this specimen came from a tree, where an old house built in the 1800's, on the corner of the first canal on the back road to Cape Kennedy. When the government took over the Cape the house was so far gone, they tore it down and all that was left was the tree, I went back in 1995 to collect fruit, and the tree was dead, I dug this seedling (then) up at the base of the dead tree, just pushing its third leaf, Ed

What a wonderful example that is.

Resident in Bristol UK.

Webshop for hardy palms and hybrid seeds www.hardy-palms.co.uk

For some reason, I really like these palms. They are not common in South Florida, but they don't grow well down south either. You see many more the further north you go. Ed, that is a beauty--like a frozen silver fountain! My grandmother loves to argue with me that these are date palms, as she would eat the "dates" back when she was a kid. :lol: