• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Burrawang mana

Walter John

Late palm planting today, grass and fish for the small pond, planted small cordylines in the Princess palm pond area, fixed the veggie fence, bought a chicken coop, planted marigolds to keep the bugs off the veggies. Let's go to the video tape.

Planted Chambeyronia hookerii, Dypsis pembana, Dypsis leptocheilos and one sad looking Satakentia.

This was one of those brown pembanas turned green. I placed him between two of his elders, this type of planting is known as "Pembana Pollution". The palms aren't as yellow as they appear in the pic, the flash has done them no favours, but yellow is setting in. Remember most of these were transplants so I expected a slow start.

post-51-12752103426391_thumb.jpg

The Chambeyronia hookerii planted between two watermelon wailers. This type of planting is known as "Chamby of Horrors".

post-51-12752103038147_thumb.jpg

The red neck planted to the left of the Princess Parade.

post-51-12752110355175_thumb.jpg

To the right of the Dypsis is a young Satakentia

post-51-12752104428702_thumb.jpg

The Princess Pond

post-51-12752104861921_thumb.jpg

The veggies with super techno fencing to keep out Mad Max beyond thunderbox.

post-51-12752105278041_thumb.jpg

The Chicken Mansion under modifications

post-51-12752105755597_thumb.jpg

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Opening leaf of Dictyosperma album var. furcatum

post-51-12752126158275_thumb.jpg

Wins at the raffle last week, being positioned for future planting are Chamaedorea tenella on the right and cycad Lepidozamia hopei centre.

post-51-12752127380055_thumb.jpg

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :D

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

I can't wait to see how it looks in a few years. It will be a jungle. :)

Best regards

Tyrone

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

I like the Dictyosperma furcatum Wal. Haven't seen that one over here. It's all gonna' look great in no time..

Bret

Coastal canyon area of San Diego

"In the shadow of the Cross"

Aha ! gotcha ~ :rolleyes: i remember you saying ina previous post when you first moved in "no jungle this time !"

Looks like the jungle is coming back and will look fantastic in no time at all . Do you still have all those Bromiliads from the old place to eventually put under the palms ?

Old Beach ,Hobart
Tasmania ,Australia. 42 " south
Cool Maritime climate

is this what yer doing with yer time off? :mrlooney:

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.