• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Wolf Moon tonight

John in Andalucia

It's 10.17pm already, and the biggest, brightest moon you will see this year is out tonight. Clearly visible at the 7 o'clock position is Mars, twinkling with a rose-coloured hue, yes that's right - like pink champagne!

is it still the 29th for you?

i have never heard the expression "wolf moon" before.is it new? :hmm:

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

i have never heard the expression "wolf moon" before.is it new? :hmm:

Not for long. I am 8 hours ahead of you Paul.

"This being the first full moon of 2010, it is also known as the wolf moon, a moniker dating back to Native American culture and the notion that hungry wolves howled at the full moon on cold winter nights. Each month brings another full moon name."

Something we can all read. :D

Can we name next months John ?

I was resting with my girl

As we both began to swoon

She looked up and saw a pearl

I said that's a Pinanga moon

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

chuck berry wrote a song called "havana moon." cool for the fact that it wasnt his usual formula for a song.

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Dear John :)

Does this have any effect on our pets,especially Dogs ? :hmm: Since in our house our dogs are becoming very restless past 2 days ! I hope it will be over by tonight then.

We were thinking we are in for another earthquake...due to their wiered behaviour.:huh:

Thanks & Love,

kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris, in my neighbourhood, January and February are weird months for dogs. Plenty of group barking sessions, since they're mostly guard dogs. I do recall one dog keeping me awake about 3 nights before the full moon with a bizarre monologue, like it was giving a speech. :lol:

Wal, Pinanga moon - great movie title!

Thanks for explaination and putting my mind to rest..It means this is normal amoung the guard dogs..Since past 2 days i had to sit beside our dogs,if not it will start speaking seeing the sky above.And they were disturbing the kid's night sleep in our home.

Threewolvesatmoon.jpg

27374_large.jpg

n624085070_1152643_4249.jpg

wolfhowlingmoon.gif

And iam reminded about the movie Wolverine(X-men)series..about the story of moon & the wolf..

and Hugh Jackman has done a wonderful cast.No doubt the Aussies have contributed some great stars to hollywood cinema like Mel Gibson ,Russell Crowe...

Lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

I stepped outside to see the moon last night, big and bright behind the lacy veil of a leafless tree, with only a few stars bright enough to keep it company in the dark blue sky. Thanks for that moment John.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

lacy veil of a leafless tree

with only a few stars bright enough to keep it company in the dark blue sky.

Kim, please write more, just make it up, I'll listen/read.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

i have never heard the expression "wolf moon" before.is it new? rock.gif

Not for long. I am 8 hours ahead of you Paul.

"This being the first full moon of 2010, it is also known as the wolf moon, a moniker dating back to Native American culture and the notion that hungry wolves howled at the full moon on cold winter nights. Each month brings another full moon name."

Something we can all read. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the reminder, I had almost forgetten to go out in the backyard tonight to howl at the moon. Now, if these clouds will get out of the way, I will go join my brethren.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

I really enjoyed the visual of that big sized full moon,and i requested all our family members to have a glimpse of that natures beauty from our roof top garden.All were thrilled by the sight.

But one thing that struck me was our dogs were quite & relaxed...i thought their barking will be the maximum on this day but was not so ?

And i must thank you for this reminder,or else i would not have notice that beautiful event.

love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

The moon this time is in perigee - the closest to the earth for the year. The tides are especially high and low during this time.

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

I guess then that the moon river really will be wider than a mile, what would you say Paul ?

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.