IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Mini PRA at Shons house..

BS Man about Palms

Sat afternoon was a mini PRA at Shons house!

R.E. var. Kotobuki, Cycads'R'betta, Roosty Sado, Pohonkelapa, Palmgrover, Shon, Myself and Pohons newest GF were there. It was really cool and a nice place.

Shon didn't want any pictures taken.

Take it up with him. :D:P

The end.

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Thanks Bill, very informative. When's the DVD coming out ?

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

some kind of "publicity black-out" was in effect.

boo!

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

worthlessthread.gif

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

So...what's the point of the thread? Delete it! That was about 30 seconds of my life I won't ever get back.

Coastal San Diego, California

Z10b

Dry summer subtropical/Mediterranean

warm summer/mild winter

Bill sent me a pic of Shon driving the boys to the PRA. This is all I could get.

zoolander.jpg

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

Did he charge admission? ^_^

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

There is two sides to every story Bill. Bill brought his camera but it's hard to take pictures when your double fisting pure cane Dr Pepper.

• Upvote 1

San Marcos CA

So...what's the point of the thread? Delete it! That was about 30 seconds of my life I won't ever get back.

I'm out 45 secs (slow reader) :angry:

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

I wish I could have gone but I had to wash my hair.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

This wouldn't be tolerated in Florida..........

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

This is Bill's lamest post, he should be kicked off the forum for two weeks and put on probation for his offense.

Gary

Rock Ridge Ranch

South Escondido

5 miles ENE Rancho Bernardo

33.06N 117W, Elevation 971 Feet

This is Bill's lamest post, he should be kicked off the forum for two weeks and put on probation for his offense.

Gary

I agree, let's start a poll so we can vote on it topicsux.gif

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

Two weeks. Think of how much weeding he could get done.

• Upvote 2

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Sat afternoon was a mini PRA at Shons house!

R.E. var. Kotobuki, Cycads'R'betta, Roosty Sado, Pohonkelapa, Palmgrover, Shon, Myself and Pohons newest GF were there. It was really cool and a nice place.

Take it up with him. :D:P

The end.

I don't get it, Bill. What were you doing with Paul's new GF? Don't explain, just show us the pictures! :lol:

You guys are missing the point,think how funny this will be when Moose Knuckle brings this thread up two years from now. :rolleyes::rolleyes::mrlooney::winkie:

• Upvote 2

San Marcos CA

You guys are missing the point,think how funny this will be when Moose Knuckle brings this thread up two years from now. :rolleyes::rolleyes::mrlooney::winkie:

I wonder if there will be any pictures of Shons garden available by then... :blink:

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

24 replies, 309 views , not bad without pics, in fact, very good, this thread gets a 'B' plus.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

:lol:

And for once Kris didn't ask for high quality stills?

This wouldn't be tolerated in Florida..........

:lol:

And for once Kris didn't ask for high quality stills?

:crying::D .....

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Hey - wait a minute! I resemble that remark. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

Maybe he's not at his garden, but here's a picture of Shon. Does this make it better?

Phil

Shon%20and%20Cryosophylla.JPG

• Upvote 2

Jungle Music Palms and Cycads, established 1977 and located in Encinitas, CA, 20 miles north of San Diego on the Coast.  Phone:  619 2914605 Link to Phil's Email phil.bergman@junglemusic.net Website: www.junglemusic.net Link to Jungle Music Palms and Cycads

Did he charge admission? ^_^

By the way Kim, I got this. Thats funny. :)

Hmmm. Will this work?

post-27-1250691619_thumb.jpg

post-27-1250691627_thumb.jpg

Maybe he's not at his garden, but here's a picture of Shon. Does this make it better?

Phil

Shon%20and%20Cryosophylla.JPG

Dear Phil :)

Thanks for that still & what intreasted me is the palm shon is holding,is it a borassus of some kind.Since i have seen a still of that kind of palm from Meg's latest palm additions ? :hmm:

Thanks & Love,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Hmmm. Will this work?

Hey hey... No hotlinking my pics from my thread Bill!!! Lol...thread of Shons place is up

Well that was a load of nothing. This should go into the Off-topic forum, cos it's not about palms.

I'll think I'll join the knitting forum, or the ribbon dancing forum.

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

Funny you mention the ribbon dancing forum Tyrone, you'll have company.

post-1261-1250696206_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Matt in Temecula, CA

Funny you mention the ribbon dancing forum Tyrone, you'll have company.

post-1261-1250696206_thumb.jpg

:floor:

"bobble head Bill"

Luke

Tallahassee, FL - USDA zone 8b/9a

63" rain annually

January avg 65/40 - July avg 92/73

North Florida Palm Society - http://palmsociety.blogspot.com/