IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Need to change my email address/password

Walter John

Dear Admin,

I want to change my current email address as registered. In order to do that I have to enter my password. I don't have or remember it and my current email program is out of action so I can't look up any emails from Palmtalk. I can't change my password because it would be sent to the old email address which is out of action and hopefully will remain that way.

So, here I am working on a laptop which auto recalled the password last time I had difficulties. I am only here for a short time, so could someone please PM me a password urgently so I can get in and change my email address. I have a new PC arrangement and want to have this info for the new PC set up.

I won't be using this laptop for much longer so my only other option I suppose would be to re-register. I tried that and guess what, it says that my other email address is being used. Now that would have been me trying to sort this out one other time. I could create a brand new email address, new name and start again I suppose, which I think I will if I don't hear from anybody soon. Thanks for your patience.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Thanks Kathryn, I'll remember that NEXT TIME :rage:

This is not my wife posting is it ? :D

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Wal,

There are several ways to get you fixed up, but one is much simpler than all the others. You will have to do one thing.

You have to have a valid email address. Get yourself an address you can check from any computer (like a gmail email address) and then email me (d.ouer@mac.com). There are all kinds of reasons you should get yourself a valid email address that you can keep forever. You should even set up two - one for everything important, and one to use for everything else on the web that needs some kind of way to identify you for registrations, etc. Once you have an email where I can get hold of you, I'll get you a new password and change the email on your old account, and everything will be as you would want. There's no need to junk your old account. We'll just change those two things. But you have to have an accessible valid email address.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.