IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

How do your palms look in sunsets

Walter John

Captured these this afternoon from the front of my yard.

The triangle and foxtail

post-51-1231146560_thumb.jpg

post-51-1231146602_thumb.jpg

My tallest Carpentaria, pity about the cables.

post-51-1231146741_thumb.jpg

a couple more for good luck.

post-51-1231146817_thumb.jpg

post-51-1231146845_thumb.jpg

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Nice sunset pics Wal. They look more orange than red! .See you in a couple of weeks at the Ratpack planting palm days at Bonogin....BBQ,fellow Ratpackers,BEER and Australian palms to be planted( and a few exotic ones as well )...What more could you ask for !!....Cheers MIKE GREEN (NEWCAL )

Bonogin??? What happened to Daryl's place?? Should've come and pick up your palms, Mike... and then you can plant it as well.

Regards, Ari :)

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Nice Wal its not always easy to get a shot at sunset because sun being so bright. Your pictures look good.

Here was one I tried with an tamron lens and it was ok.

IMG_2328.jpg

Edited by Davidl

David

Nice sunset pics Wal. They look more orange than red! .See you in a couple of weeks at the Ratpack planting palm days at Bonogin....BBQ,fellow Ratpackers,BEER and Australian palms to be planted( and a few exotic ones as well )...What more could you ask for !!....Cheers MIKE GREEN (NEWCAL )

I see you're back in action Mr Green..how's that new screen?

What more could you ask for? Broadband Internet so we can post a few photos of the occasion! :winkie:

I understand everyone wants to drink VB tallies...

Here's a re-post of my sunset shot from the other day...

post-42-1231156771_thumb.jpg

Daryl

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

Very, very nice!!

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

I think Veitchias at sunset have some of the best silhouettes. Will try to catch some soon, if I can get some good orange sky.

SoCal and SoFla; zone varies by location.

'Home is where the heart suitcase is'...

_____

"If, as they say, there truly is no rest for the wicked, how can the Devil's workshop be filled with idle hands?"

Ari, we decided to plant out my place instead as Daryl's is not ready yet( he needs an excavator to prep the site and his creek to go down so he can get the machine in in the first place!). Yes That Hydriastele ramsayii would have looked good in the ground, i'll save a spot for it and pick it up next time we do aroad trip to the top end....Just don't kill it ok!. Daryl, i wouldn't touch a VB tallie if you paid me...it's Carlton extra dry all the way for me!...Cheers Mike Green(Newcal)

Ari, we decided to plant out my place instead as Daryl's is not ready yet( he needs an excavator to prep the site and his creek to go down so he can get the machine in in the first place!). Yes That Hydriastele ramsayii would have looked good in the ground, i'll save a spot for it and pick it up next time we do aroad trip to the top end....Just don't kill it ok!. Daryl, i wouldn't touch a VB tallie if you paid me...it's Carlton extra dry all the way for me!...Cheers Mike Green(Newcal)

You trying to get rid of an unwanted christmas present Daryl ? VB tallies ?, why don't you just send them back to Michael (aussiearoids) instead.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

I am trying not to, Mike... kill it, I mean... unless of course, there is a cyclone or something... that is out of my hand. I might move it back out of the shadehouse.. now that we are home again. After I have seen what Townsville Palmetum did to theirs, I will put yours in the sun as before. They seem to like it. Mine hasn't looked back at all... still looking good.

Regards, Ari :)

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Coconut fronds and the sun setting over the Pacific.

Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica.

P2040011.jpg

Formerly Jeff in Costa Rica

• 3 weeks later...

Great shots!

South Florida, USA

Mild sub tropical climate - USDA Zone 10

26.9 deg. North latitude

Altitude (5.1 M)  

Winter avg. temp (15.6 C)

Summer avg. temp (28.1 C)

Yearly Rainfall approx. (1270 mm)

Dear Wal :)

Lovely topic & great stills,and just love to see those stills... :yay: And my special thanks to friends who had posted stills in big size.. :drool:

And this intreasting topic header reminded me of a member's comment.. :hmm: And Wal i think you can read between the lines ! :rolleyes:

Lots of love to you all,

Kris :)

By the way each still seen above is so beautiful,that it should be used as a wallpaper on ones Pc or sent as postcards to your loved ones...

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Great pics guys!

Ron

Wellington, Florida

Zone 11 in my mind

Zone 10a 9a in reality

13miles West of the Atlantic in Palm Beach County