IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Threads are appearing strange

Tyrone

I just logged into Palmtalk, and all the threads have the inital post with pictures etc, but everything after that is in a list at the bottom of the page that I have to click on to see. Anyone know what is going on? The posts don't just load up automatically one after the other. Am I doing something wrong????????

Best regards

Tyrone

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

OK I think I've sorted it. Somehow something in the options section was clicked. I don't remember ever going into that section so who knows what did it????

Tyrone

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

I feel the pages load slowely,even those without pictures...? And the messanger or PM is not fast at times it says the page timed out..and i have to send the message again ? only last 2 day iam experiencing this !

love,

Kris :)

By the way my connection is DSl line...

love conquers all..

43278.gif

So what did you change? i dont like the way this is working now. Ill go poke around for a solution :)

Allen

Galveston Island Tx

9a/9b

8' Elevation

Sandy Soil

Jan Avgs 50/62

Jul Avgs 80/89

Average Annual Rainfall 43.5"

Same thing just started happening to me. Anyone know how to fix this? I went to Options but couldn't find anything wrong.

Formerly Jeff in Costa Rica

• 2 weeks later...
Page up to near the top of this page and you will see an “options” button. Click on it to see three options for the display mode. You probably want to select “standard”.

Thanks Kathryn! Tyrone was kind enough to PM me and explain how to fix it. I never even noticed that options button before, only the one under ¨My Controls¨ I´m not sure how it got changed to begin with, but I was able to fix it. Thanks for responding to my post!

Formerly Jeff in Costa Rica

• 1 month later...

mine did it too. Thanks for the help.

With a tin cup for a chalice

Fill it up with good red wine,

And I'm-a chewin' on a honeysuckle vine.

Same thing happened to me. The odd thing is it happened to some other forums I frequent. This is how I knew how to fix it here.

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

Page up to near the top of this page and you will see an “options” button. Click on it to see three options for the display mode. You probably want to select “standard”.

Strange that mine did the same thing, thanks for posting the fix!

"Randy" IPS member # 150229

Dover, FL (West of Plant City, FL)

120 feet above sea level

Average Yearly Rainfall is 51.17 inches per year

Average Summer Temp 83F

Average Winter Temp 62F

USDA Zone 9a/9b

Dover.gif