• Similar Content

• eevans
      By eevans
      I have a large Mule that has been in the ground in its current location since 2016 (see https://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/48668-moving-a-mule/). 
      It has been growing very quickly and robustly since then, with no indications of any problems that I have seen.  Yesterday I noticed that the newest leaf spear emerging is completely dead and dry (see picture).  The next-oldest leaf to its right appears OK as far as I can tell, though it has not fully emerged yet.
      This is obviously not from cold damage, given that it is now October and we did not even have a real freeze last winter.  Our early summer was slightly rainier than usual, but nothing extreme.
      I'm a little depressed about this, since it has been doing so well for the past 4 years.  I previously had a large Pindo in the same spot for almost 20 years. That one died after initially showing a similar symptom - the newest leaves all emerged dead.  Eventually the whole palm died from the youngest to the oldest leaves, and the trunk decayed into a foul-smelling wet mess. 
      I'm completely stumped about what might have caused this, and whether there is anything I could or should do to save the palm at this point.
      Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

• Matthew92
      By Matthew92
      Was driving through an established neighborhood in the Dr. Phillips suburb of Orlando and found this drop-dead gorgeous mule palm. One of the things I like about it is that the leaves are perfectly flat and not twisted as seen with many other mules.

• xvang01
      By xvang01
      Can anyone help me id's this palm.?Blue/green leaves and not armed so doesn't seem to be Butia or Jubaea or Mule palm. Anyone??

• sashaeffer
      By sashaeffer
      Curious does anyone have a Mule palm in the ground they successfully over winter with protection? if so how far north are you(zone)
    • Sanips
      By Sanips
      I've obtained a double seeding with this mule palm seed but one of them look like it's developing two different plumules. What do you think?