Sign in to follow this  
Ed in Houston

Catastrophic Flooding in Houston Area......again

Ed in Houston
Catastrophic flooding with 20-30 inches of rain in the last 24 hours from northeast Houston over to Beaumont. Still raining hard in those areas.

Imelda Triggers Catastrophic Flooding in Texas; Over 30 Inches of Rain Flood Roads, Prompt Evacuations

Imelda.thumb.jpg.7aaf3ef377ba011ccec442be55c3c95a.jpg

" Some spots have totaled 30 to 35 inches of rain over the past two days during Imelda, according to the Jefferson County Drainage District. "

I have only had 8 inches in the last 48 hours in S.E. Houston so no problem in my area.

Ed in Houston where when it rains it pours.

• Like 1

kinzyjr

@Ed in Houston Sorry to hear about this!  Hard to imagine it raining enough to almost submerge a yardstick!

• Like 1

Jeff985

It came within a few inches of my front door. I had to go out in the rain and dig a trench from my front porch to the drain by the street. Seems to have helped. Sucks that I had to destroy my yard though. 

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Ed in Houston
      By Ed in Houston
      Well it hard to believe but parts of Texas has been hit with another 10-20 inches of rain. I was on the edge of the rain this time and only got 4 inches but just to the north of Houston and west.

It has only been about 6 weeks since the last 10-20 inch rain event hit in much of the same area but just a little further south.
      More rain is forecast next week with continued heavy moister flowing into the area.

I am beginning to think that the climate has become radicalized. We just came out of a severe drought a couple of years ago and now the floods. What is next, a new ice age or death valley like heat?
      Ed in Houston

• Grasswing
      By Grasswing
      Hello everybody,
      I would like to share our situation in Czech Rep.
      Our country suffers from very widespread floods.
      Here are some pictures:

Regards Andrew