Sign in to follow this  
chuckg

Cristate ceratozamia kuesteriana

chuckg

Cristate ceratozamia kusteriana. About 2 inch caudex. $150 OBO. PM me if interested0.jpg.3a8df5bda2dd83ac322b26c0073618ec.jpg 0.jpg.b743d65d7bc477f4849c4541a2f1ab8f.jpg

0.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Coasta
      By Coasta
      I was away for a few days and returned to my sago palm flush looking like this. 
      The fronds leaflets seem short and when it finishes unraveling looks like its going to be skinny. Also i notice some of the new fronds are curving downward. 
      Is this a water issue? I have three irrigation lines on it with no top. I also had someone water it by hose once while I was gone. 
      Also I notice the fronds a little yellow. 
      Is there any saving this flush?
      P.s I love in arizona and it has been pretty hot.

• Jason S.
      By Jason S.
      What species of cycad is this? The caudex is a bit smaller than a volleyball,

• Tracy
      By Tracy
      It has been interesting to watch a transformation in the main caudex of this Encephalartos woodii hybrid (E arenarius x woodii).  After coning a couple of times, the last set of male cones came in late 2017 and are pictured below in early spring of 2018.  Eventually they reached a point where I removed them and thought this cycad would just keep on alternating between flushes and coning periodically.  It did have a large pup on one side which I eventually removed and is growing in its new home.  What happened over the next two years with where these cones had emerged is the interesting story.

• Merlyn2220
      By Merlyn2220
      I was over browsing through ChuckG's collection of cycads and palms, and we ran across two unusual large Encephalartos.  This is one of the two, it was tagged with "Ituriensis" but both of us are pretty sure that's not accurate.  The leaf shape is wrong and the number of prickles are wrong.  However it is a big one, with 9-10' shade grown fronds with a 5-6" caudex.  So it's likely to be one of the "big green Encephalartos" or possibly a hybrid.  Any suggestions on an ID or possible parents?
      Leaves have around 20-22 spines pretty much evenly spaced on the top and bottom of each leaf.  This is way more than Whitelockii (6-12) or Ituriensis (12-16) but similar to Laurentianus (12-20). Tip is consistently forked with 3 spines near the end. Leaves are more elliptical or Oblong/Ovate than they are lanceolate The only description I can find of an Encephalartos with that large number of spines on the leaves is Laurentianus.  Superficially it looks a bit like one, but the others I have (also from Chuck) have more parallel leaves that are definitely not ovalized.  Here's a few photos:
      Front and back of the mature leaves, grown in a lot of shade.  The reddish stuff on the top of the leaves is iron/manganese deposits from hard well water.

Leaf detail on the new flush, these are about 2.5 feet tall today:

Larger view of the new flush, caudex and 3 older fronds.  It's tied to a steel post I drove into the ground to support the Dendrocalamus Hamiltonii on the right of the photo:

• OC Daddy
      By OC Daddy
      Does anybody know what type of Cycads these are?