Looking to barter for landscape projects

1 post in this topic

Our yard has five sago palms that are between 3 and 6 feet tall, the largest being three trunks at the base. Here is a link to some pictures: http://imgur.com/a/3pKTu

We are trying to get rid of them in exchange for 1. the cost of removing them 2. other landscaping (if possible)

As of right now we don't know where to begin, I've heard of businesses doing this but through all my googling I can't find anyone in my area (south east of Los Angeles). Any pointers would be appreciated!

• Similar Content

• It's a Girl!
      By WestCoastGal
      Been waiting to know what we have and finally have the answer...it's a girl! How long is this phase of the plant?

• Cycas revoluta with sparse rachises
      By pt42
      I adopted a sago which started to flush a few weeks ago. It appeared normal at first. But instead of having crowded rachises they were very elongated with wide separations between leaflets. The older fronds were roughly 30cm. The new ones are now about 75cm, and they are curving back on themselves. The new fronds are nothing like the older ones. Is this normal? Does anyone know what causes this (too much water, light, both...?) Here are some images:

• New Mature Additions to Our Yard
      By WestCoastGal
      Wanted to share the latest additions to our yard which were installed on Friday a.m. before the temps rocketed upwards during this extremely hot spell we are having. Hopefully the maturity of the palms will carry them through fine.

Historically our inland valley which has some marine influence has temps anywhere from low 20sF to around 113F (a few years ago). We were in the mid 20s last winter overnight for about 12 hours when the winds ceased. Despite a current 9b designation we are trying to plant for Zone 9a for the most part. Our nights generally cool off to the 50s-60s during the summer, although it was in the low 80s around 10pm last night.

The xButiagrus is our third in our yard, and we are looking forward to watching it grow and providing some much needed shade on our very sunny side yard. This planting bed area has a southwestern exposure and is subject to heat generated off of the two adjacent stucco houses (about 26 foot separation) and the gusty winds that funnel down the valley from San Jose.

The Butia is a second one for us but this one is dwarf and much more silvery than our other one which doesn't have much trunk yet. I love the quirkyness of the fronds. It's my favorite palm in the yard. I really like how the boots were trimmed too.

The Sabal minor is a new fan palm for us. Told it will do well in our heat and can take our low temps as well. At this point I am leaning towards thinking it looks most like a Texas S. minor "Barton Creek Greenbelt" variety (that's another thread).

Our nursery didn't think our Cycas revoluta had flowered yet so not sure what sex it is. Look forward to being surprised.

Happy to post more photos if you're interested.