IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Who has the biggest head?

MattyB

Who has the biggest head?  

2 members have voted

1. 1.

• MattyB
    • BS Man About Palms
    • Jeff Searle
    • Wal
    • Pohonkelapa
    • palmotrafficante
    • Ray, Tampa
    • bgl
    • Dave from So-Cal
    • krisachar

Cypher code, kewl!

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Good thing you didn't include me, my family is legendary for our big noggins. I once walked into a office and this guy looks up at me and says "wow, you sure have a big head". Never met me before and this is the first thing he said, too funny.

Matt

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

(freakypalmguy @ Jan. 11 2008,09:55)

Good thing you didn't include me, my family is legendary for our big noggins. I once walked into a office and this guy looks up at me and says "wow, you sure have a big head". Never met me before and this is the first thing he said, too funny.

Matt

Matt,

Any pictures of your noggin, and of course some measurements would be great? :D  

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Allright, I measured mine.  It's 22".  I have a small head so I'm surprised that Tad was only 23-1/4".  Come on guys, reveal your big 8 pound water heads.  Who thought of this stupid thing anyways? ???

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

22"??? thats in the microcephalic range,medically speaking.

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

next contest can be active hair folicles per square inch!

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

Abraham Lincoln

The way of the transgressor is hard

It's not a contest, it's a poll.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

well,dave is way ahead in the polling.how about a measurement dave,so if you win like everyone thinks you will the rest of us won't have to embarrass ourselves :D

to be totally fair & even the playing field i suggest you shave yer head first before getting an official figure. :;):  :laugh:

still "warning-free."

Matt

That IS too funny!

:D  :D  :D

dave

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

According to my measuring tape, my ball o'lead is 24" (60.96 cm) around, just above my ears.

I actually have trouble finding baseball caps that really fit me well.  About 7/8 of the ones I try on are too small for me to wear without pinching the scalp, which REALLY gets annoying after a while.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Thank you for your submission

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

ya got me beat by 1/4" but to if yer NOT going to shave yer head could you measure with wet hair just to be certain?if you beat out everyone else you are entitlled to wear the crown for "biggest head"--

if we can find one that fits... :D

still "warning-free."

(pohonkelapa @ Jan. 11 2008,14:49)

ya got me beat by 1/4" but to if yer NOT going to shave yer head could you measure with wet hair just to be certain?if you beat out everyone else you are entitlled to wear the crown for "biggest head"--

if we can find one that fits... :D

Hmm.

You also have a fat head!  I beat Tad by a full 3/4"

Sigh, this is REALLY silly!

(Giggling as I type, secretary's wondering more than usual about me . . . . .)

dave

we haven't heard from all of the contestants yet,but i doubt anyone can beat you,dave.

still "warning-free."

I looked and couldn't find a topic that received this many views in only one day's time.

I'm not sure what that means.  ???

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

(IPSPTModerator @ Jan. 11 2008,17:00)

I looked and couldn't find a topic that received this many views in only one day's time.

I'm not sure what that means.  ???

IF laughter makes you live longer, this is a life-lenghthening thread . . .

I certainly got a giggle or two!

(pohonkelapa @ Jan. 11 2008,12:32)

image016.jpg

"i know,lets have a SPELLING contest."

thats tooooo funny the person least likely to touch a gun using a gun fighter refrence!!!!

Does this mean were not friends any more? You know, paul, if I thought you werent my friend, I just dont think I could bear it. :)

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

Abraham Lincoln

More head measurements please. Just because the poll says Dave's head is the biggest doesn't make it so. I've seen photos of the Rat Pack, and I think Wal's is right up there.

Ray, Kris, Bo...

Zone 9b/10a, Sunset Zone 22

7 miles inland. Elevation 120ft (37m)

Average annual low temp: 30F (-1C)

Average annual rainfall: 8" (20cm)

I think Wal's neck is the largest but his head is normal sized.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Bo might have the largest skull with all that data in there, but with a very low body fat I don't think he's got Dave's head beat.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

I don't recall volunteering for this one!? Since I'm not into measuring body parts, I have no difficulties conceding the win to Dave! Congratulations, Dave! What's next? You're going to Disneyland? :D

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

(palmotrafficante @ Jan. 11 2008,17:59)

(pohonkelapa @ Jan. 11 2008,12:32)

image016.jpg

"i know,lets have a SPELLING contest."

thats tooooo funny the person least likely to touch a gun using a gun fighter refrence!!!!

Does this mean were not friends any more? You know, paul, if I thought you werent my friend, I just dont think I could bear it. :)

:D

"in vino veritas".

still "warning-free."

(osideterry @ Jan. 11 2008,18:08)

More head measurements please. Just because the poll says Dave's head is the biggest doesn't make it so. I've seen photos of the Rat Pack, and I think Wal's is right up there.

Ray, Kris, Bo...

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Giggle!

Hmm.  I have an 18 1/2-inch neck.

(palmotrafficante @ Jan. 11 2008,12:24)

next contest can be active hair folicles per square inch!

Of the head?  Or the whole body?

Bet I win the body . . .  :P

Too much hair!

"it would appear that the strain was more than he could bear."

post-18-1200101602_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

"you can go now"

Abraham Lincoln

"why johhny ringo,you look like someone just walked over your grave."

still "warning-free."

(pohonkelapa @ Jan. 12 2008,03:16)

"why johhny ringo,you look like someone just walked over your grave."

...." It appears he missed an excellent chance to keep his mouth shut".....

If global warming means I can grow Cocos Nucifera, then bring it on....

(Jeff Searle @ Jan. 11 2008,11:02)

Matt

Matt,

Any pictures of your noggin, and of course some measurements would be great? :D  

Jeff

I'll have to dig up a pic but it doesn't matter now, Dave has me beat. My whopper is only 23 1/2, but I'm only 5'10" so if you take it as a ratio of height vs. cranial circumference, I might take the cake. How tall are you Dave?

Here I is

post-1261-1200144202_thumb.jpg

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

I'm 22 3/4" around the noggin just to disappoint those who voted for me.  17" neck though, I seem to have a hard time finding shirts that won't cut off my circulation when buttoned up.  Oops! forgot to measure at the "apple". Add some there!

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Steve... You're back... How's it going? All the renovation still have you tied up?

My head's a solid 23". It would be 22 3/4 " except I have a "bump" on the back of my head which prevents me from ever going for the bald look. Good thing I got a lotta hair.

Zone 9b/10a, Sunset Zone 22

7 miles inland. Elevation 120ft (37m)

Average annual low temp: 30F (-1C)

Average annual rainfall: 8" (20cm)

Oh, and I really thought this was an ego thing.......matty. ???

I'm with Bo, I'm not into measuring body parts. Like Governor Richardson from New Mexico, I'm bowing out early on this one. :D  I'll watch the final results from home,thank-you. And thank-you for that lone voter outhere, wherever you may be. :D

Boy, we have come a long way since the days of palapa.

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

When I saw this poll i ignored it...untill now.

I loose the seplling pool for sure but the head thing?

All I got to say is look out Dave. We will have a run off when I get out there!

Hey Palmo and Poho as Kris would say LOVE.

I DIG PALMS

Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.

305-345-8918

https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms

(Ken Johnson @ Jan. 12 2008,15:47)

When I saw this poll i ignored it...untill now.

I loose the seplling pool for sure but the head thing?

All I got to say is look out Dave. We will have a run off when I get out there!

Hey Palmo and Poho as Kris would say LOVE.

Ken!

I've got me an official U.S.A. ' murkin' measurin' tape . . .

For our cranes . . . .

he hee hee hee

Hopefully, this is the only body part we will be measuring on this forum.

Ania

Ania

Houston, TX

zone 9a

"God in his wisdom made the fly

And then forgot to tell us why"

-Ogden Nash