Jump to content
  • WELCOME GUEST

    It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

    Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

    PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

    guest Renda04.jpg

Is there a point in trying with these cuttings?


Recommended Posts

Just received these neem cuttings and they came covered in white mould. I put them in H2O2 and also some antifungal bacillus solution. Is there any chance one of them could sprout or am I wasting my time?

 

20240520_131139.jpg

previously known as ego

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Than said:

Just received these neem cuttings and they came covered in white mould. I put them in H2O2 and also some antifungal bacillus solution. Is there any chance one of them could sprout or am I wasting my time?

 

20240520_131139.jpg

Nope.  In the trash w/ 'em..  Then request a refund, if you can't receive new cuttings.. ..if paid for.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They stayed 2 months in transit and as they were wrapped tightly in plastic, no wonder. Thanks guys

  • Upvote 1

previously known as ego

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Than said:

They stayed 2 months in transit and as they were wrapped tightly in plastic, no wonder. Thanks guys

Yeah, that will do it unfortunately..  A specific reason it took 2 months for the package  to be received?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Silas_Sancona said:

Yeah, that will do it unfortunately..  A specific reason it took 2 months for the package  to be received?

Yes. The Post Office

previously known as ego

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Than said:

Yes. The Post Office

Assuming they must have come from another country... Held by a local post office for 2 months, if shipped from somewhere near by,  seems nuts..

And here i thought waiting 3 days fro something to arrive from CA / ..5 days for something from FL was a bit excessive, 🤣. Post master at the office up the street would loose their head if it took 2 months to get a package to me..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Silas_Sancona said:

Assuming they must have come from another country... Held by a local post office for 2 months, if shipped from somewhere near by,  seems nuts..

And here i thought waiting 3 days fro something to arrive from CA / ..5 days for something from FL was a bit excessive, 🤣. Post master at the office up the street would loose their head if it took 2 months to get a package to me..

They came from abroad indeed. Still excessive. Man, despite who your next President may be, living in the US is awesome for plant freaks

previously known as ego

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Than said:

They came from abroad indeed. Still excessive. Man, despite who may be your next President, living in the US is awesome for plant freaks

Agree, seems very excessive ..but then again, since i live here vs. somewhere else, each place does things differently / has their own rules i guess..

U.S. is ok.. Plenty of rules / restrictions ..a few that are a bit silly,  but most make sense / have a legit. reason for implementation, even if some people constantly whine about them.. 

Better place for plant geeks?  Mexico and points south of there, on this side of the world at least  ..Where a large % ' age of the " good stuff " that is grown here originates.



Only thought, about the final thought  ..cuz this isn't the place for such conversations..    No worries myself.   Worrying is dumb / a waste of valuable time anyway. 

Far more intelligent / educated people than those in the strange minority that think the world is ending because it is progressing  -forward- / think there's some secret govt. agency that caused / can cause the recent Northern Lights display seen in places in the U.S. / world where you often don't see them, etc..  Believing in Aliens? ..odd, ..but not odd.. If that makes sense.

 Denying proven science, because it doesn't jive with some strange theory spread on Facebook / X - ...whatever it will be called in 6 weeks / months..  That is odd..

It is perfectly understandable why folks in numerous other countries laugh or snicker a bit at times at some of what they see / hear coming from here lately..   Doesn't make me mad.  laughing enough myself at times while grabbing the popcorn as it is too. 

Hopefully, by this time next year,  it will all be a humorous,  shake your head at how ridiculous it all was  blip on the radar vs. dragging on. 

That would be the intelligent outcome at least.   We'll see.

                                                **** No additional comments needed / to be added to that paragraph. ****
 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What the hell were they? So sorry for your loss

"You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes"---SliPknot

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Silas_Sancona said:

Agree, seems very excessive ..but then again, since i live here vs. somewhere else, each place does things differently / has their own rules i guess..

U.S. is ok.. Plenty of rules / restrictions ..a few that are a bit silly,  but most make sense / have a legit. reason for implementation, even if some people constantly whine about them.. 

Better place for plant geeks?  Mexico and points south of there, on this side of the world at least  ..Where a large % ' age of the " good stuff " that is grown here originates.



Only thought, about the final thought  ..cuz this isn't the place for such conversations..    No worries myself.   Worrying is dumb / a waste of valuable time anyway. 

Far more intelligent / educated people than those in the strange minority that think the world is ending because it is progressing  -forward- / think there's some secret govt. agency that caused / can cause the recent Northern Lights display seen in places in the U.S. / world where you often don't see them, etc..  Believing in Aliens? ..odd, ..but not odd.. If that makes sense.

 Denying proven science, because it doesn't jive with some strange theory spread on Facebook / X - ...whatever it will be called in 6 weeks / months..  That is odd..

It is perfectly understandable why folks in numerous other countries laugh or snicker a bit at times at some of what they see / hear coming from here lately..   Doesn't make me mad.  laughing enough myself at times while grabbing the popcorn as it is too. 

Hopefully, by this time next year,  it will all be a humorous,  shake your head at how ridiculous it all was  blip on the radar vs. dragging on. 

That would be the intelligent outcome at least.   We'll see.

                                                **** No additional comments needed / to be added to that paragraph. ****
 

I agree with everything. Now, the Mexico and south America: indeed, if you are into New World plants only. If you want some Asian or African additions... Anyway. Today I received three cuttings of Dieffenbachia by post after 1.5 month. Yet the seller had packed them in such a smart way that they were fine, rooted already but no rot. But yeah, 1.5-2 months seems to be the norm with our post.

  • Like 1

previously known as ego

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, metalfan said:

What the hell were they? So sorry for your loss

Neem

previously known as ego

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Than said:

I agree with everything. Now, the Mexico and south America: indeed, if you are into New World plants only. If you want some Asian or African additions... Anyway. Today I received three cuttings of Dieffenbachia by post after 1.5 month. Yet the seller had packed them in such a smart way that they were fine, rooted already but no rot. But yeah, 1.5-2 months seems to be the norm with our post.

 Pretty good amount of stuff from both Africa and Asia is grown  in the U.S.  as it is..  As long as the particular plant is allowed into the U.S., other stuff, esp. from Africa,  can be obtained via seeds. 

Trouble with a good amount of things from the Eastern Hemisphere is it can have a higher level of aggressive / invasive tendencies here. 

Some of the worst weeds we have here in AZ originated in either Asia or Africa. 

Pretty sure i'd go nuts if it took our Post Office 2 months to get anything to me, ..Someone's head would roll for sure, lol.   

Good that the Diff. cuttings held up after being in a package for a month and a half. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Silas_Sancona said:

 Pretty good amount of stuff from both Africa and Asia is grown  in the U.S.  as it is..  As long as the particular plant is allowed into the U.S., other stuff, esp. from Africa,  can be obtained via seeds. 

Trouble with a good amount of things from the Eastern Hemisphere is it can have a higher level of aggressive / invasive tendencies here. 

Some of the worst weeds we have here in AZ originated in either Asia or Africa. 

Pretty sure i'd go nuts if it took our Post Office 2 months to get anything to me, ..Someone's head would roll for sure, lol.   

Good that the Diff. cuttings held up after being in a package for a month and a half. 

 

I am certain that post services have deteriorated a lot the last 10 years or so here. When I was little things would arrive in reasonable times; nowadays weeks or months is the norm, especially when smth is coming from outside the EU. Within the EU it is about 12-15 days which imo is still ridiculous. 

previously known as ego

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Than said:

I am certain that post services have deteriorated a lot the last 10 years or so here. When I was little things would arrive in reasonable times; nowadays weeks or months is the norm, especially when smth is coming from outside the EU. Within the EU it is about 12-15 days which imo is still ridiculous. 

I think the longest it has taken to receive something sent domestically was 2 weeks, maybe close to 3 in one case... 

Longest, ever?  RPS, ...by far  ..and that was before they implemented the newer rules for U.S. buyers   ...even seeds a couple people had sent me from Australia arrived much faster than a single envelope from RPS.. 

..One of several reasons i won't order stuff from them.. 

I can go collect most of what i'd order from them anyway   ..For a lot less hassle, ..and know the seed is as fresh as possible,  lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Silas_Sancona said:

I think the longest it has taken to receive something sent domestically was 2 weeks, maybe close to 3 in one case... 

Longest, ever?  RPS, ...by far  ..and that was before they implemented the newer rules for U.S. buyers   ...even seeds a couple people had sent me from Australia arrived much faster than a single envelope from RPS.. 

..One of several reasons i won't order stuff from them.. 

I can go collect most of what i'd order from them anyway   ..For a lot less hassle, ..and know the seed is as fresh as possible,  lol.

well 2 weeks domestically is indeed too long. Here domestic is about 4 days. EU is 14 and outside the EU is whenever

previously known as ego

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Than said:

well 2 weeks domestically is indeed too long. Here domestic is about 4 days. EU is 14 and outside the EU is whenever

4 days is usual here as well..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...