• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

2 musa basjoo

ZPalms

They're usually available at nurseries around here come April. Usually 15$ or so.  Fairly popular here in Missouri, don't they sell them at N.Carolina nurseries? A lot of times they are just labeled "hardy banana" . Come June after they are poking up really well I'll send you some if you still can't find any 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, N8ALLRIGHT said:

They're usually available at nurseries around here come April. Usually 15$ or so.  Fairly popular here in Missouri, don't they sell them at N.Carolina nurseries? A lot of times they are just labeled "hardy banana" . Come June after they are poking up really well I'll send you some if you still can't find any 

I’ve never seen any being sold ever in my area all through spring and summer, I’m reluctant to buy from just anywhere online because I’m afraid of not getting musa basjoo, I appreciate it 😍

Edited by ZPalms

@ZPalmsI've bought from Wellspring Gardens https://wellspringgardens.com/collections/new-old-favorites/products/musa-basjoo-banana

And from GreenHouseBusiness https://www.greenhousebusiness.com/mubbaplbatr1.html

Both places had good quality bananas, Basjoo is sold out right now.  I tried Basjoo from a random eBay source and it just languished and didn't grow much.  It might have been the source, or it may be that Basjoo doesn't like the sweltering humid summer nights here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Merlyn said:

@ZPalmsI've bought from Wellspring Gardens https://wellspringgardens.com/collections/new-old-favorites/products/musa-basjoo-banana

And from GreenHouseBusiness https://www.greenhousebusiness.com/mubbaplbatr1.html

Both places had good quality bananas, Basjoo is sold out right now.  I tried Basjoo from a random eBay source and it just languished and didn't grow much.  It might have been the source, or it may be that Basjoo doesn't like the sweltering humid summer nights here.

It would be cool to get hands on basjoo earlier so I could start them up and get a good root system going so I can have a heads start so they can focus on foliar growth.

I wish they would come back into stock because other places are crazy selling them for more then 30$

Plant delights nursery is in North Carolina and they currently have them. Maybe you are close enough to go there and pick up in person? Brian's Botanicals does as well. I've purchased from PDN and been pleased, never from Brian's but I've heard good things 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N8ALLRIGHT said:

Plant delights nursery is in North Carolina and they currently have them. Maybe you are close enough to go there and pick up in person? Brian's Botanicals does as well. I've purchased from PDN and been pleased, never from Brian's but I've heard good things 

These are awesome! Do you know how much the bananas at plant delights nursey is? I saw brains and they are awesome but I want some bananas sooner than april

30$, little pricey but there stuff is legit. Zero worrying about it being the real deal, lots of other cool plants too... They have open house days ( normally they are closed to the public) just find out when the next is and go:greenthumb:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ZPalms said:

I saw brains and they are awesome but I want some bananas sooner than april

BRAAAAAINS!!! 👻 :rage:  (I looked for the zombie emoji but couldn't find one...  :D )

I've bought stuff from PDN mail order a couple of times, all agaves.  Their stuff was packed well but expensive to ship and small for the price.  BUT...it was always exactly the correct species so I always knew I was getting exactly what I ordered.  I haven't tried Brian's yet, but was planning on getting a couple of Philodendron hybrids from them in the spring.

• Like 2

I don’t have much money so 30$ is very pricey to me, I wouldn’t even be able to buy 2 without going fully broke 😂

Edited by ZPalms

10 hours ago, Merlyn said:

BRAAAAAINS!!! 👻 :rage:  (I looked for the zombie emoji but couldn't find one...  :D )

I've bought stuff from PDN mail order a couple of times, all agaves.  Their stuff was packed well but expensive to ship and small for the price.  BUT...it was always exactly the correct species so I always knew I was getting exactly what I ordered.  I haven't tried Brian's yet, but was planning on getting a couple of Philodendron hybrids from them in the spring.

LOL I just noticed it autocorrected to brains I was so confused 😂

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...