Jump to content

Mule palm


Fusca
 Share

Recommended Posts

When I sold my house in San Antonio last month I offered this palm to another local Palmtalker which he agreed to come and dig out but after a month he obviously doesn't want it.  The new owners are friends of mine and don't really like palms so they plan to have it removed.  I hate to see it go to waste and it's a little too big to try and move in my car!  It's free to anyone who can come over and dig it out.  These palms transplant well and this one survived 9° in February 2021 (photo is pre-freeze)  PM me for details.111910925_mule1.jpg.af3d71491051959921dd2c5c45f43282.jpg

Edited by Fusca
  • Like 3

Jon Sunder

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just buy a bigger car B)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Most definitely would be a waste , come on San Antonio give this palm a new home !!! 

T J 

  • Upvote 1

T J 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2022 at 1:51 PM, Fusca said:

When I sold my house in San Antonio last month I offered this palm to another local Palmtalker which he agreed to come and dig out but after a month he obviously doesn't want it.  The new owners are friends of mine and don't really like palms so they plan to have it removed.  I hate to see it go to waste and it's a little too big to try and move in my car!  It's free to anyone who can come over and dig it out.  These palms transplant well and this one survived 9° in February 2021 (photo is pre-freeze)  PM me for details.111910925_mule1.jpg.af3d71491051959921dd2c5c45f43282.jpg

Bummer, I missed this. Been Down to Austin twice in the last month I could have gone down there, just got back this weekend. Probably take a jack hammer now to get it out its so dry,

30 Year Zone Average 20F. Ryan: Contact 979.204.4161 Collectorpalms@gmail.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Collectorpalms said:

Bummer, I missed this. Been Down to Austin twice in the last month I could have gone down there, just got back this weekend. Probably take a jack hammer now to get it out its so dry,

It's still available if it hasn't been cut down already.  Two members have said that they would get it but backed out.  Two others have expressed interest but no action.

Jon Sunder

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Jon, 

How tall is that Mule palm?  Anyone ever come and get it yet?  I Wish it would survive for me up here in the frozen north of Waco!  C’mon you Texians go get yourself a free Mule Palm!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Collectorpalms said:

Bummer, I missed this. Been Down to Austin twice in the last month I could have gone down there, just got back this weekend. Probably take a jack hammer now to get it out its so dry,

You need to make the trip south, because it wont fit in my car.

Pour a few buckets of water on the ground before digging and the ground should soften.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you, Jon, for making this lovely palm available through your friends!  I went and got it this morning.  Fingers crossed for a successful transplant:36_14_15[1]:

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mulungu said:

Thank you, Jon, for making this lovely palm available through your friends!  I went and got it this morning.  Fingers crossed for a successful transplant:36_14_15[1]:

Awesome!  Happy to hear that it's getting a new home and not getting the ax!  :D  Hope it grows well for you.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Jon Sunder

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...