Palm Collection

General Sylvester D. Palm

So here are all of my current palm trees in my collection. There are only a few new ones, but I decided I'd just post them all. Some I don't have a picture of, because they are too small.

Phoenix sylvestris 

Trachycarpus fortunei

Syagrus romanzoffiana 

Washingtonia robusta 

Many small Washingtonia filibusta

1 unknown Butia (labeled as capitata, most likely odorata)

Hyophorbe lagenicaulis

Sabal palmetto

Wodyetia bifurcata

Many small Phoenix dactylifera

20220502_145947.jpg

20220502_183839.jpg

20220425_131422.jpg

20220422_183424.jpg

20220416_175452.jpg

20220510_143354.jpg

16525705972596336880812382497759.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I forgot to mention an unknown Dioon, most likely edule. Technically not a palm but it's big enough that it's worth mentioning.

Edited by General Sylvester D. Palm
  • Like 1

Get a Sabal Birmingham . That can be your bulletproof Sabal in case of the worst scenario one crazy winter there . Water and fertilize and they aren't that slow . 

Nice selections .

Will

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will Simpson said:

Get a Sabal Birmingham . That can be your bulletproof Sabal in case of the worst scenario one crazy winter there . Water and fertilize and they aren't that slow . 

Nice selections .

Will

Thanks! I've always been interested in Sabal birmingham. I was actually thinking about getting one for some friends in rural South Carolina (7b). Although, I think a scenario that would kill the native, tough, South Carolina Sabals (none of them Florida impostors), would be extremely rare. I still think that Sabal birmingham would be really quite cool, considering that the only Sabals you see here in Myrtle Beach is the Sabal palmetto and Sabal minor. I'll have to add that one to my very long list of possible future palms.

• Like 1