IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

sandgroper

I  earned a few browny points with my beautiful daughter this morning, I took her up to the Perth hills so she could play with a koala. She loves koalas, my wife does too, they are quite nice little things. This little bloke is 10 years old, his name is William and he comes when his name is called. My daughter wants to be a volunteer at the wildlife park on weekends, I think it would be difficult keeping her away from William and his mates though!

Screenshot_20201018-142215_Gallery.jpg

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Fusca said:

I guess it's safe for me to visit there - I routinely rub Vegemite behind my ears. 

Yep, that will give you some immunity to attacks..... thing is they can discern if you have decades of vegemite ingestion or just the so called vegemite use as in like anti mosquito spray.... be careful with the vegemite use.... better to ingest with the breakfast toast in the morning.......:D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I really like Koala's as well and spotted many in the wild during my trip back in 2014. At the beginning in this year I was thinking to go back for holidays but unfornately Corona said no to those plans. 

Spotted my first one at Noosa coastal walk high up in a tree and have seen more afterwards. When I did the Great Ocean Road I went also to the Cape Otway Lighthouse and that road to come there were many Koala's hanging in the trees. Don't know if that part have been free of the wildfires that happened recently. 

• Like 1

Southwest

koalafied.jpg.21e63d7a9f7d8988caf16706d5364eb1.jpg

• Like 1

So many species,

so little time.

Coconut Creek, Florida

Zone 10b (Zone 11 except for once evey 10 or 20 years)

Last Freeze: 2011,50 Miles North of Fairchilds