IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

MORICI, Carlo - Director

bgl

PalmTalk Username: Carlo Morici

Carlo was born in Messina, Italy, in 1974 and has lived since 1995 in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain. He is a biologist specialized in palms and is also known for his landscaping projects. His palm research has been within the Group of Island Ecology, Department of Ecology, University of La Laguna, Tenerife. His field work has spread over various countries, but his research focuses on Phoenix canariensis and the palm flora originating in the Caribbean Islands, with a special focus on the genus Coccothrinax. In 2006, Carlo described a new palm species native to southeastern Cuba, Coccothrinax torrida, together with the Cuban botanist Raúl Verdecia. Carlo’s landscape design projects include the Central Park of Arona and the Palmetum of Santa Cruz de Tenerife. He worked as a botanist in the palmetum during its formation years (1996–1999) and later designed new garden sections, such as those dedicated to the floras of New Caledonia, Hawaii and North America, as well as the gardens of the southern sea-facing slopes. Carlo joined the IPS at 17 years old in 1991 and became a life member 4 years later. He attended his first Biennial in Venezuela (1994) and has also attended Biennials in New Caledonia, France and Costa Rica.

• Upvote 1

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Carlo,

This give me immense joy and happiness in writing a note on you.I have seen many people,including me who wants to grow exotic plants & palms for ones own private garden or personal collection.But you have taken this palm passion to a whole new level.i.e you are more interested in creating a biospere or a botanical garden to be precise.Which would help plant lovers,botanist,children,research scholors,journalist and even palm enthusiasts like this forum members,to see most of the rare and exotic plants all housed in a given area.This not possible in private home gardens or nurseries.

And i have been reading your threads & posts on the progress that you & your friends are making at "The Palmetum in Santa Cruz de Tenerife" and recently you had mentioned that this garden will soon be thrown open to public.We here at palmtalk are really overjoyed by this news.

As i said before,the IPS & this Palmtalk website/Forum has so many interesting persons who are dedicating their lives & time for the growth,promotion & also popularizing,discovering palms varities so that there will be palms even for the future generations to see & Know.

Here are few links for those who are new this forum !

http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/2056-palmetum-de-santa-cruz-tenerife-canarias/page-1?hl=%20palmetum%20%20santa%20%20cruz%20%20tenerife

http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/8012-first-flowerings-at-the-palmetum/?hl=%2Bpalmetum+%2Bsanta+%2Bcruz+%2Btenerife

http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/30567-tenerife-canary-islands-spain/?hl=%2Bpalmetum+%2Bsanta+%2Bcruz+%2Btenerife#entry494691

And this link is the latest of the events...

http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/37050-the-palmetum-in-tenerife-will-finally-be-opened/?hl=%2Bpalmetum+%2Bsanta+%2Bcruz+%2Btenerife

And Carlo i am happy that even you are in the board of directors,And most if not all in our forum knows you well,for your active participation in discussion board and in the Spanish Forum of Palmtalk.

Wish you all the best,

God Bless,

Kris.

love conquers all..

43278.gif