IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

What is going on with Pictures on this Board?

bubba

I was late in reviewing Jeff Searle's Sale Thread and when I finally made it all the pictures are gone.This was very diappointing because I know the quality of Jeff's Sales as augmented by pictures put forward outstandingly by Palmarum.

This morning I am told by another Member that all pictures on my second Royals Gone Wild have disappeared and are not viewable.The Dialog is in place like Jeff's but the Photos are gone. This is strange because I can view them on my computer.Any ideas about what is going on?

What you look for is what is looking

Are you using Photobucket? Thats where Ryans went, exceeded bandwidth.

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Hi Bubba,

You might want to delete your "temporary internet" file. If there is too much data on your computer, it will not have enough memory to load up all the pictures. That particular thread has a lot of pictures to load...

Ahh...In Ryan's case, as Bill has pointed out, he has used up all of his "space" allocated to him from Photobucket. Ryan will either have to delete some of his pics or upgrade to the premium package and pay Photobucket for using their service.

HTH's,

Joe

Huntington Beach, CA

USDA Zone 10a/10b

Sunset Zone 24

Every month I get 25 GB of bandwidth to use on a photobucket account, I am usually pretty lucky in not running out before the 1 month deadline, but this time I was about 6 days short. The allocation will restart on or about the 12th of October this coming Sunday and the pictures shall reappear. I will not have to delete anything as it is not a matter of space, as it is bandwidth.

If the photos from any topic are still stored in your browsers cache memory, then they will be reloaded whenever you view the topic. If the settings on your browser are set to 'refresh' each time you visit a website, then it will want to reload them each time. In the case of my topics, they will not because of the explanation above. There are sometimes when photobucket has a fluke in the middle of the day for no reason. When in doubt, give it some time and try again.

Ryan

South Florida

You all might try the inhouse thumbnail method.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.