Sign in to follow this  
Palmphile

What is the difference between Sabal x brazoria and Sabal x texensis 'Brazoria' ?

Palmphile

I am having trouble with differentiating between Sabal x brazoria and Sabal x texensis 'Brazoria' , can someone tell me what makes them different and how different they really are? (Or if they're the same?)

Alex Zone 5

I may be mistaken, but to me there the same just labeled differently.

My two cents :mrlooney:

buffy

Nothing.

• Like 1

NWpalms@206

Wondering the same thing, have a source with a sabal “texensis” and came to the same question when I googled it. Is it hybrid of minor and mexicana? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Super Minion
      By Super Minion
      Hi everyone,
      This is my first post here on palmtalk. My favorite palm is b. Alfredii. This is a report dedicated on how the B. Alfredii reacts to the cool climate of Northern Europe.
      I live in Rotterdam, Netherlands which is hardiness zone 8 in Europe. The average anual extreme minimum here is -10 Celsius (14 Fahrenheit) for the last 5 winters.

• BigBilly
      By BigBilly
      I was wondering what's the difference between sabal palmetto lisa , sabal palmetto i.e.
    • DreaminAboutPalms
      By DreaminAboutPalms
      I germinated a few sabal Bermuda seeds about a month ago and they are working on first strap leaf, I have a 3rd that's a little bit farther behind.
      I am absolutely amazed by the roots on these things though. I had them in 6 inch pots to start, and then before anything even poked above surface of soil each pot had a long root extending 3 inches out the bottom of the pot.  I repotted them into 0.7 gallon pots about a week ago and ALREADY there are two roots coming out bottom on both sides in each pot. 
      Curious if anyone else is growing seedlings of these and what your experiences have been. Curious on what to expect 

• DreaminAboutPalms
      By DreaminAboutPalms
      Starting this thread for all the random palms I see around the Dallas area on a daily basis
    • GregVirginia7
      By GregVirginia7
      Yes, indeed…a few Brazoria seeds forming…I see now how it works on this palm…one male stalk and one female, same palm. Let’s see what I end up with this fall…Question: Should I winter the seeds outside in a dry cabinet then sprout in the spring? There aren’t very many but if I have any to share I will once I see what makes it to fall.