PALM MOD

SAVE THE SPECIES - New IPS Initiative

PALM MOD

Please consider visiting the IPS Main Site and reading about the new initiative that the IPS has created to help save palms and native habitat. You can click here for the full background and it's latest effort to save the habitat of the spectacular newly discovered Sabinaria magnifica in Colombia. A brief description is as follow.

WHAT IS SAVE THE SPECIES?

Our Save the Species effort directly targets rainforest and habitat protection.

To do so, we:

• Provide financial support to in-situ conservation, upkeep, and preservation. 
  • Sponsor the ex-situ conservation of Sabinaria magnifica.
  • Enable researchers to continue their scientific inquiries.

With your help, we will acquire about 100 hectares of rainforest at La Paloma camp, with an additional 130 hectares to follow. Not only will this result in the successful conservation of Sabinaria magnifica in habitat, but at least another 30 species of palms, along with the “jaguars and wonderful monkeys and toucans.” 

Read more about the Sabineria efforts HERE

Sabineria.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Darold Petty

Hello everyone, Pay attention !  Today is "giving Tuesday'.  Today only all donations to the Sabinaria habitat purchase fund will be matched by anonymous donors.  Please  contribute Today ! 

www.palms.org

• Like 3

BS Man about Palms

Bummer I missed the matching part. I wish there was a banner on home page for this... but oh well. 
I came to check as I saw an email that looked a bit suspect... after the match deadline.. :(

• Upvote 1

PALM MOD
On 12/2/2021 at 7:34 AM, BS Man about Palms said:

Bummer I missed the matching part. I wish there was a banner on home page for this... but oh well. 
I came to check as I saw an email that looked a bit suspect... after the match deadline.. :(

There was a announcement banner. I think there will be another opportunity.

• Upvote 1

palmsOrl

I will donate when a link is provided to do so.