redant

You know you are a palm nut when

GottmitAlex
On 9/17/2021 at 11:58 AM, EJ;) said:

Instead of yours kids....

your phone is full of pictures of new fronds and flushes ! 

that you show off to anyone who will listen!

Snapchat-54322304.jpg

Snapchat-484632365.jpg

Snapchat-527230058.jpg

Snapchat-732400548.jpg

Snapchat-1222722821.jpg

This

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

kinzyjr

Your neighbors are selling their house and, during their showing, the potential (and eventual) buyer spends most of their time on the door step looking at your yard.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

JohnAndSancho

You're applying for jobs and you ask if their relocation package will cover a Sprinter van for your potted palms. 

You're looking at housing for potential relocation areas and you call the apartment complex to ask what direction the patio and windows face. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

piping plovers
On 9/15/2021 at 3:12 PM, Kim said:

It irritates you to see morphologically incorrect artwork representing palms.

Yes!!  Guilty here.  Love it:) I go to this beachy art store in Fl and this one artist paints these tropical beach scenes. The coconut palms have “branches “ like a Christmas tree and it always irritates me.

• Like 2

piping plovers
On 6/8/2021 at 9:43 PM, oasis371 said:

When you live in NJ/Zone 7a/b but have half the collection of Fairchild's.

So funny! I’m 6b and I can relate :)

piping plovers

You guys are killing me! Way past my bedtime and I can’t stop reading / laughing at these:) 

redant

You can tell a TV show or movie is deceiving you as it's say supposed to be in California but there are coconut palms in the back ground (just one example).

• Like 5

Arecaceae78743

Here are some signs that you are a palm nerd...

-You have found this website and are looking at my post right now 

-Your in the car and point out palm species by there full name or scientific name and your friends or family look at your weird

- You insist that palm "trees" are actually a kind of grass

-You scold people who calls a Mexican fan palm a "coconut tree"

- You see that a freeze is coming and the very fist thing on you mind is if the palms in the neighborhood will be ok 

-You come back from the coast and some one asks you what was the highlights of your trip was and the fist or second thing you say is "palm trees"

• Like 4

Fusca

You actually pay attention to the latest Dupixent commercial to try and identify the palm visible in just the last 2 seconds of the 60 second ad.  I think it's a Ravenea rivularis...

• Like 1

DoomsDave
On 6/6/2021 at 8:39 AM, kinzyjr said:

Nothing like American Chopper memes to parody our passion:

image.png.fa1666d9cbbd638a17546441430f9fc7.png

As a bit of a side note, how much would they have to pay you-all to make you want to broadcast your family’s fights on TV for all to see?

Glad no one got killed . . . .

• Like 3

Scott W

You tell yourself after every new purchase that that's the last one you're buying....ever.

Your wife asks "when and where did you get that?".  Your reply, "It's been there a week and I got it in the mail".  Her reply "Oh, so that's the big empty box hiding under the pool table". :floor:

• Like 3

kinzyjr
7 hours ago, Scott W said:

You tell yourself after every new purchase that that's the last one you're buying....ever.

Your wife asks "when and where did you get that?".  Your reply, "It's been there a week and I got it in the mail".  Her reply "Oh, so that's the big empty box hiding under the pool table". :floor:

#Busted!!!! 

If you have any woods around you, sometimes you can get away with, "The birds must have ate some fruit somewhere and 'planted' it in the yard..." 

The other one that works is if you can talk your neighbors into getting one of what you want first and then waiting until it flowers to put your own in.  "I can't believe those are already naturalizing!  Guess we'll have to landscape it and make it part of the yard."

• Like 5