Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
EastCanadaTropicals

Pre 2006 Palmtalk forums

Recommended Posts

EastCanadaTropicals

How was Palmtalk like before 2006, I couldn't find anything about it before then, not even in the way back machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PALM MOD
3 hours ago, EastCanadaTropicals said:

How was Palmtalk like before 2006, I couldn't find anything about it before then, not even in the way back machine.

It wasn't in a forum format back then. It was an old Yahoo "newsgroup" I think. Then there was a time when it was a forum with different software - and it crashed big time. It was decided to not try and repair since support for the software was abandoned. And conversions were unsuccessful. And we did not try and archive either. There was a time I did find some older posts on the Way Back Machine - but don't remember the exact dates.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EastCanadaTropicals
13 hours ago, PALM MOD said:

It wasn't in a forum format back then. It was an old Yahoo "newsgroup" I think. Then there was a time when it was a forum with different software - and it crashed big time. It was decided to not try and repair since support for the software was abandoned. And conversions were unsuccessful. And we did not try and archive either. There was a time I did find some older posts on the Way Back Machine - but don't remember the exact dates.

Was it called Palmtalk back then? Thanks for responding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PALM MOD
5 hours ago, EastCanadaTropicals said:

Was it called Palmtalk back then? Thanks for responding.

The Forum format was always called PalmTalk. But with Yahoo before that I don't know what the official name was - if there was one. Hopefully someone who has been around longer than I have will be able to chime in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EastCanadaTropicals
2 hours ago, PALM MOD said:

The Forum format was always called PalmTalk. But with Yahoo before that I don't know what the official name was - if there was one. Hopefully someone who has been around longer than I have will be able to chime in.

I know of one member, but I forgot the name. He is a California member and he said it was called, "GulfBreeze."

Edited by EastCanadaTropicals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Palmarum

I can remember the two-tone brown background to the older group-style forum. I don't know how long it was like that. The older style buttons and low-res details, fun times.

Ryan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jerry@TreeZoo

I vaguely remember some troublemakers and political posturing.  Who would have done that on a palm board?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...