Sign in to follow this  
EastCanadaTropicals

Pre 2006 Palmtalk forums

EastCanadaTropicals

How was Palmtalk like before 2006, I couldn't find anything about it before then, not even in the way back machine.

PALM MOD
3 hours ago, EastCanadaTropicals said:

How was Palmtalk like before 2006, I couldn't find anything about it before then, not even in the way back machine.

It wasn't in a forum format back then. It was an old Yahoo "newsgroup" I think. Then there was a time when it was a forum with different software - and it crashed big time. It was decided to not try and repair since support for the software was abandoned. And conversions were unsuccessful. And we did not try and archive either. There was a time I did find some older posts on the Way Back Machine - but don't remember the exact dates.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

EastCanadaTropicals
13 hours ago, PALM MOD said:

It wasn't in a forum format back then. It was an old Yahoo "newsgroup" I think. Then there was a time when it was a forum with different software - and it crashed big time. It was decided to not try and repair since support for the software was abandoned. And conversions were unsuccessful. And we did not try and archive either. There was a time I did find some older posts on the Way Back Machine - but don't remember the exact dates.

Was it called Palmtalk back then? Thanks for responding.

PALM MOD
5 hours ago, EastCanadaTropicals said:

Was it called Palmtalk back then? Thanks for responding.

The Forum format was always called PalmTalk. But with Yahoo before that I don't know what the official name was - if there was one. Hopefully someone who has been around longer than I have will be able to chime in.

• Like 1

EastCanadaTropicals
2 hours ago, PALM MOD said:

The Forum format was always called PalmTalk. But with Yahoo before that I don't know what the official name was - if there was one. Hopefully someone who has been around longer than I have will be able to chime in.

I know of one member, but I forgot the name. He is a California member and he said it was called, "GulfBreeze."

Edited by EastCanadaTropicals

Palmarum

I can remember the two-tone brown background to the older group-style forum. I don't know how long it was like that. The older style buttons and low-res details, fun times.

Ryan

Jerry@TreeZoo

I vaguely remember some troublemakers and political posturing.  Who would have done that on a palm board?