Sign in to follow this  
chad2468emr

Recommendation on thermometers

chad2468emr

Hi all, 

Hope this isn't too off-topic for this section, but it seems to be the most appropriate area. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for an outdoor thermometer setup that will allow me to record daily highs + lows from two different sensors easily that are accurate and under $50 total? I feel like that's a reasonable price point, but let me know if I'm wrong. I've had a hard time finding anything online that reviewers seem to consistently state has been observed to be accurate. You all understand more than most that 33 degrees vs 32 degrees makes a large difference even if just for 1 hour between 5:00 am - 6:00 am, and I need to know that my thermometer recorded that accurately when I asses how my palms are handling the cold. I want to be able to monitor the temps in front of my home + on my back patio from the same hub.

Not looking for a full-scale weather station setup for now, but I'm tired of relying on the nearby wunderground stations and want to know exactly what went went on specifically where my palms are sitting within their respective microclimates. Never had to even sort of pay attention to this degree when in S FL and now that I'm in C FL, I really do need to pay attention and stop relying on the forecast + third party temps to determine what / when I'm protecting and / or moving palms inside. 

Thanks in advance! :)

ColdBonsai

Take a look at the Ambient WS-2801.  Seems like it has a bit of what you're after. But really, there's going to be a lot of options for you.

As far as accuracy... good placement will probably be the biggest factor. Might be prone to temp spikes in the sun and whatnot.