The7thLegend

I'm trying to figure out what I have here, 2 young palms but maybe enough features now to narrow it down.  Any ideas?

Seedling #1 - Very lush green, aggressive root system, fast grower, looking like a Phoenix (maybe Canary or long shot rupicola) or I could be way off.

Seedling_01b.thumb.jpg.ea23eca01ba7927436cce9ee8c622e01.jpgSeedling_01a.thumb.jpg.d0cb22dbbbc8a9b85a58c178ccf43fe0.jpg

Seedling #2 - Green with blue hue, moderate grower that seems to be getting a little faster, originally thought blue minor but it's been growing an above grown trunk.

Seedling_02b.thumb.jpg.8081afab18d53b89ca8c297720e171bb.jpgSeedling_02a.thumb.jpg.31fc8d3f073a80a27ba68bf7041f9c67.jpg

Tyrone

First one is a Phoenix. Looks like canariensis. Second one looks like a Sabal. Which one I couldn’t tell you at that stage.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• graupel
      By graupel
      Hi everybody!
      I have a serious problem with germination of the coconuts. Many coconuts start to rot during the germination (some seedlings survive only). The surface of the coconuts and the embryo are covered with the white fuzzy / powder mold. I realize that the germination of the coconuts from the supermarkets is often associated with a high risk of failure, but if it is possible, I would at least want to minimize the formation of the molds on the coconuts. Since I grow the coconut palms indoor (I have a large south window where I grow my coconut palms for several years), I would like to use some natural (not chemical) fungicides. So far, I've only tried potassium permanganate, but it didn't help. What other natural fungicide do you recommend? I read on the internet that some natural products can be effective, such as: cinnamon, hydrogen peroxide, ethanol (short-term action only), seasalt water (coconut palms tolerate it highly), baking soda and liquid grapefruit seed extract (GSE). At the moment I don't have the opportunity to experiment with all the possibilities, so to make my situation easier, I want to ask you: Which natural product has the best fungicidal effects to kill the white fuzzy / powder molds?
      Thank you!
      Sincerely,
      Miroslav

• climate change virginia
      By climate change virginia
      Hi is there a hardy alternative to bottle palms that can survive in zone 8a I don't care about the leaves the leaves can be pinnate palmate either one is fine. Thanks. 
    • Coasta
      By Coasta
      Hello all! Just wanted to get opinios on how fast it takes a cycad in the seedling stage to develop a caudex? 
      I know there are many types of cycads that grow and different rates. 
      My personal favorite cyads right now are encephalartos. 
      What is the typical rate from seedling to developing a small caudex for encephalartos? 
      Is it better to pay for something that has a caudex developed or stick with seedlings and watch them grow?
      Also what is the typical amount of time for germination?
    • Alex37
      By Alex37
      Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, I'm looking for butiagrus seeds (Butia x syagrus r.), I live in Italy, is there anyone who has them?
    • chocolatethunda
      By chocolatethunda
      Hi, hope everybody had a great weekend. Can anyone help me ID this palm, if I'm not mistaken it's a date palm but I don't know which one specifically. As you can see it sprouted a lot of seedlings of which I have luckily potted a few.