• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I can't remember when I planted this Chamaedorea in the western edge of our jungle. I scarcely noticed it at all until it sent up a crop of seeds. It appears to be solitary and non-trunking and I wonder, "Could it be C. radicalis?" Can someone confirm or steer me in the right direction? Thanks
      Seeding Chamaedorea, Cape Coral, FL

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      Is this normal? I noticed the oldest frond on my new Washingtonia robusta that I got from Lowes (really cheap) was dying in a weird way, it is almost like the way some diseases start in palms. But the thing is it was like this for a few weeks now, I think I am just being paranoid. Does this look normal? Maybe it was just damaged so it is dying like this? I just am hoping this doesn’t have some disease. 

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Elaeis guineensis, the African Oil Palm, is grown commercially for the oil in its seeds. It is a very large palm with a Jurassic Park look I really like. It reaches 70'+ tall and has a crown of 40 massive leaves - when we cut one down we have to slice it in two to carry it to the street. The trunk is covered with spirally arranged leaf bases. It is hardy to zone 10. Our oldest palm is now dropping large seeds that germinate soon after hitting  the ground. This is an eye-catching palm if you have the space for it and a palm you will never find at your local BB garden center. I have nearly 60 seeds at the moment and I am selling them in either two lots of 25+ or one lot of 50+
      Elaeis guineensis: TWO LOTS of 25+ seeds each @ $5.00 per lot
                                    Shipping = $5.00 per lot
                                    TOTAL = $10.00 per lot
      ---------------------------OR-------------------------------------------
      Elaeis guineensis: ONE LOT of 50+ seeds @ $8.00 for the lot
                                   Shipping = $6.00 for the lot
                                   TOTAL = $14.00
      Payment via Paypal. PM me if interested
      Photos
      Seeds

Mother Palm

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Archonotophoenix tuckeri, aka the Peach River palm, is native to rainforest areas of Northern Australia. It is fast growing and reaches 60-65' tall in habitat. It prefers tropical conditions but established palms can survive brief drops to just under freezing and are so fast growing they quickly outgrow cold damage but they hate long periods of heavy frost. My A. tuckeri produces fruit that is the largest of all the Archonotophoenix spp I grow - I have all but myolensis. It is the fastest growing of my Archos, except for my monster A. cunninghamiana in the backyard jungle. It wants sun, heat and lots of water. Seeds germinate easily in the presence of warmth and moisture.
      Archonotophoenix tuckeri seeds: 50 @ $10.00 for the lot
                                                              100 @ $15.00 for the lot
      Shipping = $5.00 for up to 200 seeds.   No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested
      Photos
      Seeds

Mother Palm

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      My big Archonotophoenix maxima overlooking the canal in the back yard is dropping marble sized seeds. Archo max, aka the Walsh River Palm from Queensland, Australia, is one of the rarest of the kings in the US. It has the largest inflorescense of all spp in the genus. It may also be one of the cold hardiest king palms, with reports trunking palms have survived lows in the mid- to upper-20s F. It can reach 75-80' tall with 12' leaves held rigid on little to no petioles. It is beautiful and fast-growing here in SWFL. Seeds germinate easily.
      Archonotophoenix maxima seeds: 50 @ $10.00 for the lot
                                                                100 @ $15.00 for the lot
      Shipping = $5.00 for up to 100 seeds.   No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested
      Photos
      Seeds

Mother Palm