Hferrell87

Butia Sp. question

Hferrell87

Hello all, 

I have three (3) Butia's that were all labeled as Capitata, but chose all different looking ones to see if one produced a better looking Mule over the others. Fast forward to now and 2 of the 3 have now flowered and they are drastically different. Could one of these be "Odorata"? The Butia palm shown in full pushed the bright maroon flower and will follow up with a picture of the other Butia later.

Any information is much appreciated...

Thank you!

Halley Ferrell

Central Florida Bamboo and Palms

IMG_9788.jpg

IMG_9829.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

Rickybobby

Possible some yatay in there?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• MrTropical
      By MrTropical
      Hey y'all. Thought I'd share the growth progress on my Windmill. He's growing a lot quicker than I anticipated. 

I'll post the pics in this thread...

• MrTropical
      By MrTropical
      Hey y’all. Hope everyone’s having a great Friday so far. I am in need of some advice on overwintering a Coconut Palm I bought from a local grocery store back in May. When I bought it, I didn’t realize what I was getting into from what I’ve read from others online. I really would like to see it live, but I understand they are truly tropical palms. I live in Zone 6B in North Carolina. Is there anything I can do when it goes inside for the winter to better its chances for survival? Thanks. 
    • Sapiindo
      By Sapiindo
      View 1
      View 2 (have a new red leaf)
      View 3 
    • Alix
      By Alix
      I have a queen palm in a pot and it looks to me like it isn't doing well.  Fronds bend and droop down- with brown tips
      It gets watered once every 8 days for 6 minutes. 
      I live in northern california- the pots do have drainage holes. I have fertilized them twice in the 3 months I have owned them. 
      More water? Less water? more fertilizer?  any advice is appreciated.

• Sapiindo
      By Sapiindo
      Trunk
      Leaf