redant

View from the shower

redant

I love taking a shower on a beautiful morning. Probably go through to much water though.

IMG_5730.jpg

IMG_5731.jpg

IMG_5733.jpg

• Like 14
  • Upvote 3

GottmitAlex

Rickybobby

Just awesome!

sur4z

This is my view. 

0A3BB08D-0852-4920-8D08-FFEC4ADB4D81.thumb.jpeg.21edee59d64e1146d6a47110ec8cd91e.jpeg

• Like 4

Merlyn2220

Beautiful view!  I must admit that I was really reluctant to click on this topic...not knowing what part of the shower you were photographing.  :floor2:

• Like 3

redant
3 hours ago, sur4z said:

This is my view. 

0A3BB08D-0852-4920-8D08-FFEC4ADB4D81.thumb.jpeg.21edee59d64e1146d6a47110ec8cd91e.jpeg

It's great putting the flamethrowers where you can really enjoy them.

gtsteve

That heading is just click bait.  :-) 

• Like 3

redant
22 minutes ago, gtsteve said:

That heading is just click bait.  :-) 

Ok next time I hit the button to reverse the camera :huh: 

Rickybobby

Lol. Where are you located?

Kim

Outdoor shower, anyone? I love the idea.

This open concept is at a hotel on Lombok Island, Indonesia.

DSC_0428.thumb.jpg.3a1c6a1d3feac9f49224ffae52835125.jpg DSC_0431.thumb.jpg.20678525f0dfb7ab52b770e0d2906022.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Merlyn2220
2 hours ago, redant said:

It's great putting the flamethrowers where you can really enjoy them.

Absolutely!  I am keeping one of my larger flamethrowers and a couple of Dictyosperma Rubrum aside for when I finally finish the flower beds outside my computer room window.  I have a nice Beccariophoenix Alfredii in the center and am building my favorite plants and palms around it.  :) 

Tracy
26 minutes ago, Kim said:

Outdoor shower, anyone? I love the idea.

Yes and I love to use it.  Here is the view looking at the shower.  The Dypsis robusta is starting to peak at me as you can see.  The view looking out isn't bad either, I'll have to get in with the camera soon to capture the view.

20190616-104A3985.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

redant

One of my favorite palms (although there are many of those) is in the 3rd pic above the brown door. Give it a guess.

The Gerg
1 hour ago, redant said:

One of my favorite palms (although there are many of those) is in the 3rd pic above the brown door. Give it a guess.

Is it Dictyosperma album?

kurt decker

Not Album. Furfuraceum. And it is a winner.

Edited by kurt decker
  • Like 1

Tyrone
15 hours ago, redant said:

I love taking a shower on a beautiful morning. Probably go through to much water though.

IMG_5730.jpg

IMG_5731.jpg

IMG_5733.jpg

I want a shower like yours. My shower just overlooks an opposing wall.

• Like 1

Tracy
17 hours ago, Tracy said:

Here is the view looking at the shower.  The Dypsis robusta is starting to peak at me as you can see.  The view looking out isn't bad either, I'll have to get in with the camera soon to capture the view.

So the view looking out of this shower.  Although it's outside, I use it more than the indoor one because its so convenient when coming back from a surf or working in the yard and it has hot water!!!  So I did cheat and open the door so I didn't have part of the shower door blocking the lower part of the view outside.  Dypsis onilahensis hybrid is hiding a Dypsis crinita on the other side.  Since the onilahensis hybrid is faster growing, I'll eventually see the salmon colored new leaves of the crinita below the onilahensis.  My Dypsis prestoniana towers over the nice blue Encephalartos princeps, with some green Encephalartos down below to allow the blue one to jump out.

20190619-104A3992.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

redant
14 hours ago, kurt decker said:

Not Album. Furfuraceum. And it is a winner.

Kurt wins. This is a really awesome palm for FL. Smaller, tropical, easy to grow. Really need to see people plant more of these. Mine has only seeded once and I only got 1 to germinate. 

• Like 2

redant
1 minute ago, Tracy said:

So the view looking out of this shower.  Although it's outside, I use it more than the indoor one because its so convenient when coming back from a surf or working in the yard and it has hot water!!!  So I did cheat and open the door so I didn't have part of the shower door blocking the lower part of the view outside.  Dypsis onilahensis hybrid is hiding a Dypsis crinita on the other side.  Since the onilahensis hybrid is faster growing, I'll eventually see the salmon colored new leaves of the crinita below the onilahensis.  My Dypsis prestoniana towers over the nice blue Encephalartos princeps, with some green Encephalartos down below to allow the blue one to jump out.

20190619-104A3992.jpg

That's an awesome outdoor shower view.

Kim

That's a great view, Tracy, and it's only going to get better with time. Exactly what I need in Hawaii.

redant

Here's the D. Furfuraceum from outside

IMG_5738.jpg

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

redant

And my outdoor shower and view

IMG_5734.jpg

IMG_5735.jpg

IMG_5736.jpg

IMG_5737.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Missi

I was going to ask what palm species that is in the third pic! It really grabbed my attention!! :wub: Must find a grower and purchase a couple. I know nothing about Dictyosperma. Are they rare? May I ask where you found yours?

Missi
2 hours ago, Tracy said:

20190619-104A3992.jpg

That Dypsis prestoniana is a sight! Do you think it's too wet in S. FL to grow it?

Really full garden

This is the view from my shower. The back of my house faces a steep hill which is now a real jungle.8E00F906-F037-4FB2-97CF-6B2F053FED8F.thumb.jpeg.cbf194cc153f984305299cef64ecfe26.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

redant
59 minutes ago, Really full garden said:

This is the view from my shower. The back of my house faces a steep hill which is now a real jungle.8E00F906-F037-4FB2-97CF-6B2F053FED8F.thumb.jpeg.cbf194cc153f984305299cef64ecfe26.jpeg

I spot a variegated fishtail there.

redant
1 hour ago, Missi said:

I was going to ask what palm species that is in the third pic! It really grabbed my attention!! :wub: Must find a grower and purchase a couple. I know nothing about Dictyosperma. Are they rare? May I ask where you found yours?

I honestly don't remember. I have 3 in my yard, one of 3 places I'm guessing, South FL palm sale, Jeff Marcus or Jeff Searle's. I hardly ever see them in FL.

Edited by redant
  • Like 1

Really full garden
11 minutes ago, redant said:

I spot a variegated fishtail there.

You are correct. The original plant got too large and blocked the view so I cut it out. Up on the hill are some Foxtail and Dypsis onilahensis weeping form.

Merlyn2220
2 hours ago, Missi said:

That Dypsis prestoniana is a sight! Do you think it's too wet in S. FL to grow it?

I found Jeff Searle's list for "Dypsis known to survive in S FL" and Prestoniana is on it.  There was also one growing fine at Leu Gardens in 2011, though I don't know if it's still doing well.  It seems like it's worth a shot, and it's a really nice palm!

• Like 1

Tracy
56 minutes ago, Merlyn2220 said:

I found Jeff Searle's list for "Dypsis known to survive in S FL" and Prestoniana is on it.  There was also one growing fine at Leu Gardens in 2011, though I don't know if it's still doing well.  It seems like it's worth a shot, and it's a really nice palm!

Mine was grown in Florida before it was brought to So Cal and I planted it in 2014.  I'm not sure where in Florida it was grown, but they are faster there than here in So Cal.

• Like 1

JohnLight

I’ve got a few 1 gallon Dictyosperma furfuraceum. They aren’t real big at this point but they sure are stellar! 

• Like 1

Kim

I see 'furfuraceum' is an old name. Mine came from Floribunda labeled that way, but the current name is Dictyosperma album v. conjugatum.

I know; picky, picky! 

656215917_ScreenShot2019-06-19at8_46_19PM.thumb.png.10fadb316e8caba7a9398f38d8a15dcf.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

redant
9 hours ago, Kim said:

I see 'furfuraceum' is an old name. Mine came from Floribunda labeled that way, but the current name is Dictyosperma album v. conjugatum.

I know; picky, picky! 

656215917_ScreenShot2019-06-19at8_46_19PM.thumb.png.10fadb316e8caba7a9398f38d8a15dcf.png

Yeah I wasn't sure which is the present name. 

DoomsDave

Here’s the view from my upper bathroom shower window 

from the left; so many palms so much to edit Rhopie sapida right center 

E47A1F62-9DF9-4571-81CD-3ED8ACFC1CF2.thumb.jpeg.1c513054a29683062c5b13c2af7dba95.jpeg

Off to the right; K-opsis Ollie hawging the view

0033DD83-8AFF-4ED5-BA49-66C85C4F8A8C.thumb.jpeg.de3e9e2d5805f0deb2fce7a099758d9d.jpeg

• Like 4

Missi
On 6/19/2019 at 11:36 PM, Kim said:

I know; picky, picky! 

No, not picky at all! I thank you for posting this! I looked it up on Palmpedia yesterday and noticed that. It confused me! 

Laaz

Just beware of Creepy Joe...  :floor:

2v9p737.jpg

• Like 5

RyManUtah
On 6/18/2019 at 12:19 PM, Merlyn2220 said:

Beautiful view!  I must admit that I was really reluctant to click on this topic...not knowing what part of the shower you were photographing.  :floor2:

Same. Beautiful view though :lol:

• Like 1

DoomsDave
On 6/22/2019 at 1:13 PM, Laaz said:

Just beware of Creepy Joe...  :floor:

2v9p737.jpg

Looks a lot like Johnny Carson