Keith in SoJax

Good Job Dean & Co!

• Like 2

Palm Tree Jim

I will second this!

Estlander

Same here!

Hillizard

I like the new design and color scheme!  Navigating by tabs is intuitive and green is my favorite color too! :greenthumb:

PalmTreeDude

I think the new look works very well! 

Edited by PalmTreeDude

RedRabbit

The IPS banner is a little much on Mobile. Now that it has been added, there are two banners at the top of the page so more scrolling is required on every interaction.  Apart from that I like the changes.

Edited by RedRabbit

PALM MOD
12 hours ago, RedRabbit said:

The IPS banner is a little much on Mobile. Now that it has been added, there are two banners at the top of the page so more scrolling is required on every interaction.  Apart from that I like the changes.

I identified a conflict in handling the responsive sizes in Mobile. Tell me if you don't think it is much improved now. I still have a little work to do to cover all sizes and devices.

Hilo Jason

The new design looks great. Nice job Dean! 

PALM MOD
2 hours ago, Hilo Jason said:

The new design looks great. Nice job Dean! 

Thanks, but all I did is install and implement it. As mentioned in the original announcement, the color scheme and layout was created by those working on the new IPS Main Site and is meant to closely match the look of what it will eventually look like.

RedRabbit
23 hours ago, PALM MOD said:

I identified a conflict in handling the responsive sizes in Mobile. Tell me if you don't think it is much improved now. I still have a little work to do to cover all sizes and devices.

Thanks, I do notice some improvement. I’d suggest removing the IPS banner though, it’s in a very high value spot and doesn’t really do much. An IPS icon in the header that takes you to the forum index might be an ideal alternative. 

Edited by RedRabbit

LJG
12 hours ago, RedRabbit said:

Thanks, I do notice some improvement. I’d suggest removing the IPS banner though, it’s in a very high value spot and doesn’t really do much. An IPS icon in the header that takes you to the forum index might be an ideal alternative. 

I agree it takes up space in a less than ideal location for readers. However, that banner helps pay for a big portion of the hosting fees for PalmTalk. As a non-profit, those ad dollars are really needed. You would be surprised how much it cost to run PT. 

RedRabbit
13 minutes ago, LJG said:

I agree it takes up space in a less than ideal location for readers. However, that banner helps pay for a big portion of the hosting fees for PalmTalk. As a non-profit, those ad dollars are really needed. You would be surprised how much it cost to run PT. 

Clicking the IPS banner just directs you to the forum index. I understand the site needs to generate some income, but the IPS banner isn't configured to do that.

In contrast to the IPS banner, Paul Craft’s banner below is set up for revenue purposes and I’m perfectly fine with that. :greenthumb:

Edited by RedRabbit

PALM MOD
3 hours ago, RedRabbit said:

Clicking the IPS banner just directs you to the forum index. I understand the site needs to generate some income, but the IPS banner isn't configured to do that.

In contrast to the IPS banner, Paul Craft’s banner below is set up for revenue purposes and I’m perfectly fine with that. :greenthumb:

There appears to be a little confusion as to what you termed the IPS Banner - but I understand.

The IPS logo was placed there in lieu of the PalmTalk "Banner" identifying the site. The PT logo no longer matched the color theme, and I believe the designers wanted to prominently identify the site as a property of the IPS. I think we need something that continues the PalmTalk name, yet clearly identifies the site as an extension of the IPS. We'll work on it.

• Upvote 1

PalmTreeDude

Couldn't the banner go something like, "PalmTalk.org, official online forum of the International Palm Society?"