IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Moose

Lots of Rain falling on the Moose Land. Could be up to 4' before the day is through.

Spread 6 cu yards of "green mulch" from my pruned mango and avocado trees last month.

Observed at least 6 different species of mushrooms popping up. The soil and earthworms must be happy.

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

It looks like it will come right towards us too which would be amazing if it carries any precipitation.  We could use a 4-8" rain after this brutally dry summer.

1 hour ago, TexasColdHardyPalms said:

It looks like it will come right towards us too which would be amazing if it carries any precipitation.  We could use a 4-8" rain after this brutally dry summer.

You may get it. To be named Tropical Storm Gordon later today.

Lots of warm water in the Gulf of Mexico to get sucked up and dropped somewhere.

It's not torrential rain but has not stopped for the last 3 hours. Since the early wee hours there were bands, now it's constant. Saw some local flooding when I went to the grocery store.

Supposed to start raining here later today. Right now just unsettled with gusty winds. Soon as I finish my decaf we got to head down to Lowe's for sale mulch.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

6 straight hours of rain. A couple of  bands moved through when it came down heavy. :badday:

This thing already has a no kidding eyewall. Naples area could get somewhat scraped by it- definitely a surprise. Scary thing is it still has much of the Gulf to strengthen in before it hits the Upper Gulf Coast.

5b8d76768e688_gordoneye.PNG.83df095bbe81

• Upvote 2

It's a wet one. May strengthen into a Cat 1 Hurricane as it approaches the Gulf Coast :badday:

18 hours ago, cm05 said:

Ask and you may receive? 

E7602247-89C2-47E5-B8CC-3D91755D81B5.png

Oh my. Tough way to get rain. Keep an eye on ol' Florence. Don't wait till the last minute to prepare. We buy gas for our generator months in advance.

Meg

Florida

The rain has been welcome (I'm in CT at the moment) but doesn't seem like enough. Maybe we'll get the dregs of Gordon?

Meg, if you're buying gas to store, look for marine fuel (100% gas, no ethanol), or at least use a fuel stabilizer.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Manalto said:

The rain has been welcome (I'm in CT at the moment) but doesn't seem like enough. Maybe we'll get the dregs of Gordon?

Meg, if you're buying gas to store, look for marine fuel (100% gas, no ethanol), or at least use a fuel stabilizer.

We buy marine gas. Thanks for the tip

• Upvote 1

Meg

Florida