Sign in to follow this  
bgl

Lundkvist Palm Garden

bgl

Thanks for all your comments! And Mike, I guess my unintended bias shows in the photos I post. The Clinostigmas on our property only amount to about 3.5% of all the palms here, Neoveitchia and "Orange crush" roughly 1% each! Bentinckias actually about 1.5% of all palms here, and it's definitely one of my favorites. Here's a photo which I believed I posted in the "Palms in the Rain" thread recently. But it shows the contrast nicely between the B. nicobarica and the maroon A. vestiaria.

post-22-1203478175_thumb.jpg

bgl

Couldn't resist one more Bentinckia nicobarica shot this afternoon! (Mike - I'll blame it on you! :D )

post-22-1203560258_thumb.jpg

bgl

And I'm squeezing in one more Clinostigma photo! :)  This is a Clinostigma savoryanum, and I actually don't recall seeing photos of this species very often.

post-22-1203560361_thumb.jpg

bgl

And the speedsters - looking up in the canopy of a group of Pigafetta elata. When I planted these about 11 years ago, they were maybe 8-10 inches tall. Now they are at least 60 ft.

post-22-1203560473_thumb.jpg

Palm Guy
Couldn't resist one more Bentinckia nicobarica shot this afternoon! (Mike - I'll blame it on you! :D )

I'll gladly take the blame if that means more Bentinckia pics are being taken!  :laugh:  Thanks for the pics. Those have to be at least 50Ft + palms. Very cool.

Cheers

Moose

My palm-a-holic mind wonders what is happening to all the seed that is falling there now? :huh:

bgl
56 minutes ago, Moose said:

My palm-a-holic mind wonders what is happening to all the seed that is falling there now? :huh:

"Nothing" would be a good answer! :mrlooney: