Sign in to follow this  
Coloradoboi

You Californians think its cold?

Coloradoboi

This morning was the coldest morning on record in Denver for more than 10 years.

My garden side thermometer recorded a temperature of -19 degrees Fahrenheit this morning at five o'clock.

Yesterday it recorded a temperature of -15 degrees Fahrenheit in the morning. The high was only 11 degrees.

It is unbelievably brutal outside. Everyone is afraid to go out. Pipes have been bursting all over the city. The power has gone out several times here, but I am lucky because I have a fireplace.

I protected my palms. The low inside the canvas tent I used for protection was 0 degrees. I think that two of the three T-Fortunei that I had growing are goners. The other one MAY pull through. My Florida Needle Palms look as if nothing happened to them.

BS Man about Palms

Funny, my brother called me from Denver today for a "temp check" via Nextel.

I said "55 and drizzling" (small exaggeration)

He said "8 degrees here"

I said, "I figured, thats why I moved away"

Silence

SubTropicRay

Scott,

Hopefully, it warms up quickly for you. I'm glad to hear the Rhapidophyllum is still OK.

Ray

Kim

That sounds really miserable. Really, really miserable! Time for a vacation to a warmer climate? Stay warm, and good luck with the palms!

Jim in Los Altos
This morning was the coldest morning on record in Denver for more than 10 years.

My garden side thermometer recorded a temperature of -19 degrees Fahrenheit this morning at five o'clock.

Yesterday it recorded a temperature of -15 degrees Fahrenheit in the morning. The high was only 11 degrees.

It is unbelievably brutal outside. Everyone is afraid to go out. Pipes have been bursting all over the city. The power has gone out several times here, but I am lucky because I have a fireplace.

I protected my palms. The low inside the canvas tent I used for protection was 0 degrees. I think that two of the three T-Fortunei that I had growing are goners. The other one MAY pull through. My Florida Needle Palms look as if nothing happened to them.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :blink:

Exotic Life

Wow -19F that would be around the -28C, damm that's cold! I never have feel that before in my whole life, and i'm 21 years old now. And i'm sorry but i hope that i never going to feel that kind of tempetures. I hope you're plants will be ok.

Robbin