Cycas thouarsii x cupida

47 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2018, 6:37:45, Josh-O said:

maybe your caudex sneezed?  :D

No, but my little one is flushing right now.... looks like about 11 new leaves unless there are some wrapped up in the middle somewhere.  It will be interesting to watch this one grow and see if it exhibits the same features as the other, larger one I have.

20180223-104A8612.jpg

On 2/23/2018, 12:06:38, Tracy said:

No, but my little one is flushing right now.... looks like about 11 new leaves unless there are some wrapped up in the middle somewhere.  It will be interesting to watch this one grow and see if it exhibits the same features as the other, larger one I have.

20180223-104A8612.jpg

Any updates on your hybrids Tracy? Please post some pictures. Would love to see how they look after a couple of months. 

20 hours ago, 5150cycad said:

Any updates on your hybrids Tracy? Please post some pictures. Would love to see how they look after a couple of months. 

Last Monday 4/30/2018 the larger of the two.  I tried counting leaves on this flush when it was early in the push, but can't remember except that it was significantly more than the smaller one or the number of it's previous flush.  You can see how green the emerging flush is, with the blue color yet to come after these leaflets harden.

20180430-104A9188.jpg

Fantastic flush Tracy!!! 

Definitively in my wish list !!

On 5/5/2018, 10:37:51, Tracy said:

Last Monday 4/30/2018 the larger of the two.  I tried counting leaves on this flush when it was early in the push, but can't remember except that it was significantly more than the smaller one or the number of it's previous flush.  You can see how green the emerging flush is, with the blue color yet to come after these leaflets harden.

20180430-104A9188.jpg

Thanks for the pics Tracy. Amazing hybrid for sure. With this last heat wave I am sure it will blue up sooner than later. 

57 minutes ago, 5150cycad said:

With this last heat wave I am sure it will blue up sooner than later. 

This is the smaller one that I had the problems with the mealy bug and scale on the emerging leaflets.  It did ok as a result of my picking them off carefully and using a high pressure spray to blast them off.  Still hardening off, so not showing the blue yet either, but it will.

20180506-104A9241.jpg

5 hours ago, Tracy said:

This is the smaller one that I had the problems with the mealy bug and scale on the emerging leaflets.  It did ok as a result of my picking them off carefully and using a high pressure spray to blast them off.  Still hardening off, so not showing the blue yet either, but it will.

20180506-104A9241.jpg

Given the circumstances it looks great. That flush is just incredible. It looks like twice the amount of leaves compared to the last flush. Plus like u mentioned noticeably longer leaves as well. Definitely some hybrid vigor.