• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Madagascar Tour - Pre or Post Biennial May 2020

SW_FL_Palms

IPS has posted it's pre & post tours.   Unfortunately, the do not go to areas where you can see the Spiny Forest, Succulents,  Baobabs.  Of course, it is the palm society so they are focused on palms.

Is there anyone out there that would like to join us on Madagascar tour that would take us to see the iconic plants that I listed above ?   A tour company will customize. and provide a quote    So let me know if you are interested, and preference for either before or after the biennial in Reunion.   

The South Coast trip does go to Spiny forest and you will see succulents. However, not the famous Baobabs at Morondava. 

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

• 3 weeks later...

Len,

Hope no offense is taken, but Madagascar is so diverse (plants, animals, geography, etc.),  that the IPS tours just don't cover it.   I do realize that this is the  Palm Society and palms are the main focus.     I have found a licensed and reputable tour company that will put together an itinerary that encompasses a lot more , but many species of palms also will be seen.

Anyone interested, let me know.    Haven't decided pre or post tour.    

Guided tours of parks including:

Ifaty – Spiny Forest - Reserve Reniala

Zombitse-Vohibasia  National  Park

Arboretum d’Antsokay

Isalo NP

Ranomafana NP (Rainforest)-  Ronohira, Anja Community Reserve

Antsirabe – Morondava

Sunrise & Sunset at the Avenue of Baobabs with Kirindy Reserve during the day

And  4x4 vehicle  with English speaking driver/guide

Very nice accommodations with breakfast included.

None taken. I have been to all but Morondava on your list. It will be a few weeks long to do it right.

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

-- Alfred Austin

Len,

What time of year did you go ?  I'm trying to determine to go Pre or Post of the biennial. 

Any suggestions ?     Attached is the draft of the tour.    There's a lot packed into the 12 - 14 days.

To PalmTalk people - if anyone is interested let me know.   Cost is less than the biennial registration.  PM me for details.

Madagascar Tour - Draft 2.pdf

I went in Oct. I think post is better as the dry season would have a few weeks more to start. 

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

-- Alfred Austin