IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

I would like to get my hands on

DallasPalms

Plants(reputable members) or seeds with photos of:

Select Chamaerops Cerifera, Argentea, Vulcano, Brahea Armata, Clara, or Super Silver from mothers with good color and form

Sabal Lisa from mother showing good mutant traits

Pindos or other Butias that can handle extremes from choice mothers @ full flowing crowns and/or nice color (bluish silvery hues preferred)

Smaller Sabal Minors with huge leaves like the Emerald Strain (preferably blue/dark green)

Trachycarpus Wagnerianus or Tesan or hybrid Trachys. Bulgarian types also @ large stiff leaves and especially heat tolerant. Maybe Nanitals or Winsan too 

And I am potentially interested in Unique palm seeds or Agave seed

All for hardiness to zone 8 or 8b

Let me know your price or quantity

or look through my responses to see some of what I have for trade... I've got a few sabal seed selections from choice mothers and some seedlings from choice Trachy parents I  will photo soon they have the best crowns I've seen on tall trees i suspect it to be due to the watering plan but needless to say nice genes. I do have some young mejdool seedlings I'm considering trading also maybe too early tho just showing 2nd leaf

so far just a few agave babies but I will have a good selection soon. I have a few small colorata and Parrasana, a couple of extra Americanas

I also have some ginko seed grown clones, some Mitragyna Speciosa seed grown trees and Peruvian Columnar Cacti @ various types and hybrids also hybrid seeds

I have 3 Goji Berry strains too. One traditional with thorns, one cross with larger berries lacking thorns and one round leaf with upright form the type grown for making soup with its foliage but also puts out red berries medium size when grown in full sun

Let me know what you've got for trade as well seeds or small plants 

Edited by DallasPalms

Thanks yeah I got some from him before and plan to get more I met his brother at the farm. I'm just looking to see what seeds are out there it's hard to know what the parents are like through most sites. I will be doing mostly gifts to clients (I hope) through my other business. 

I want to work in the luxury market and so i want to have great plants available :) also I want to promote palms and agaves around my area we've got just a few, rarely great choices. If people planted good selections on the main roads more people would buy palms.

Edited by DallasPalms

I saw his Uresana plants too I was not thinking Sabal at that time. I'd like one for the yard but I also have a few nice Bermudanas going from seeds several grew fast with some nice blue genes. I'm just concerned that i do not see them around DFW inspite of their hardiness. It seems they would like the climate here

I would remove weeds but they seem to help with the polite squirrels around here 

20201121_093803.jpg

Edited by DallasPalms
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...