Sign in to follow this  
palmsOrl

One Cyrtostachys elegans Seedling

palmsOrl

Hello Palmtalk,

I would like to offer one Cyrtostachys elegans seedling to any Palmtalk member who would like to try growing this rare species.  I will set one seedling aside for the first Palmtalker to pm me that they would like to adopt the seedling.

This palm seedling will be available only for local pickup at an agreed upon location somewhere in the Orlando area.  If you want to wait and pick the palm up at some specific point in the near future when you plan to be near or in-town, just please let me know.

Also, being a Cyrtostachys species, this palm is likely to be extremely cold sensitive like Cyrtostachys renda, the lipstick Palm.  Thus, Cyrtostachys elegans is unlikely to ever succeed in the ground anywhere in Florida except perhaps in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami metro areas and of course in the Florida Keys.  There is some limited experience with Cyrtostachys elegans in cultivation, but I am not sure what experience has shown on just how cold sensitive it is.

I will select one plant from the ten. Cyrtostachys elegans seedlings shown in the photo below, and it won't be the smallest of the plants I have!  

-Michael

• Upvote 1

palmsOrl

Spoken for!