Sign in to follow this  
Mandrew968

"Designing with Palms" talk at Miami Beach Botanical Garden

Mandrew968

Jason Deewes is giving a talk at Miami Beach Botanical Garden April 17th at 6pm. I know Jason and this garden and both are something to look forward to! I have his book and it will be available at the garden, for those who don't, yet. Hope you all can make it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Mandrew968
      By Mandrew968
      Morning Palmtalk! 
      Just wanted everyone's two cents on this issue I have in the garden: Not long ago(maybe a few months), this Pseudophoenix sargentii started to flower and fruit. Shortly after that, yep, it started to decline. Like clockwork, these palms start to go downhill, after they flower--if they have cultural issues such as too much shade and too much water under their feet. That's two strikes for this palm and I don't think it will be around for a third... 
      Sometimes they can have that black soot on them for a long time, but this one has seemingly  started to crash, really fast! Maybe the third strike is that fountain in the back, shooting mist on it, almost 24/7. First question, is it possible to save? I don't think so with the brown I am seeing in the crown... Second, is it worth saving? With good sized buccs so cheap, should we just start over in a better spot, with a new plant? Last question, should we even get another one? The memorial next door, has a million and one of them and they are pretty neat looking all together, like that. I wonder if they have already satisfied the need for this species, though it is not really in our garden... 
      Thanks in advance for your time and opinions on this.

• Mandrew968
      By Mandrew968
      I donated this palm like I said I would and I think I found a choice spot. Planted it on Friday, February 3rd, 2017.

• Mandrew968
      By Mandrew968
      I got this from Vizcaya. It was in some poor shape. It is doing better now and has thrown a flower. The leaf bases are a neat red tinge. Does anyone know which species it may be? Sorry if the pics are not so revealing--let me know if anyone needs a better shot of it! Thanks in advance!

• Mandrew968
      By Mandrew968
      The Sonoran Lignum vitae was planted last Friday, November 11th. Raymond Jungles donated the tree to our garden, after all our bromeliads were unfortunately removed. Thank you, Raymond! The tree will be well cared for.

• Mandrew968
      By Mandrew968
      Yesterday, I planted this swamp bloodwood. What a cool name! I believe this is one of the largest leaves of the Eucalypts. I hope it does well for us on the beach. 

This tree came from Loxahatchee Adam--thanks again!