Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Butia eriospatha pollen wanted

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I was wondering if somebody here has access to a flowering Butia (preferrably eriospatha) and is willing to send me some of its pollen.

It goes without saying that postal costs will be returned and for the effort you will get my eternal gratitude...

Thanks in advance and kind regards!

My eriospatha are at least a year away from flowering so I can't help...

Bump... still wanted

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Newly Planted Butia Pindo Palm
      By Ninja88
      I planted a 2 foot Pindo Palm 7 weeks ago but I haven't noticed any growth.
      The palm looks healthy with only the older fronds having brown tips.
      The Center frond is still green, i marked it besides a mature frond about a month ago but haven't seen a change. I have mulch around it and its been well watered but not overwatered.
      Is it just focusing on growing its roots out or should i be concerned?

• Mystery Butia at Ft. Myers BB
      By PalmatierMeg
      Today my husband and I dropped into a Ft. Myers BB garden center. Among the rows of "usual suspect" palms, I noticed a pinnate palm that was quite bluish green. The label on the pot read, "Pindo Palm". But it didn't look like the common Butia odorata. I looked closer and realized the petioles were smooth, not spiny. I asked my husband to take photos to post. Is this another Butia species or just a user friendly variation of the garden variety Butia? See photos below

• Mystery Butia at Ft. Myers BB
      By PalmatierMeg
      Today my husband and I dropped into a Ft. Myers BB garden center. Among the rows of "usual suspect" palms, I noticed a pinnate palm that was quite bluish green. The label on the pot read, "Pindo Palm". But it didn't look like the common Butia odorata. I looked closer and realized the petioles were smooth, not spiny. I asked my husband to take photos to post. Is this another Butia species or just a user friendly variation of the garden variety Butia? See photos below

• Encephalrtos munchii pollen is needed!
      By yachtingone
      My female E. munchii is throwing 5 cones!!!  I will need pollen.  I will split the seed 50/50 with the pollen donator. Send a pic of your male plant.
      Thank you,
      Randy
      (951)733-5082

• Fresh Lytocaryum weddellianum pollen
      By Kai
      Hi,
      I have some very fresh Lytocaryum weddellianum pollen. The infloresence popped last night and I left only the female flowers on it. The male flowers can go to whoever wants to give hybridizing a try.
      All I ask in return is some of the produced seeds if pollination is succesfull.
      Cheers,
      Kai