Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Butia eriospatha pollen wanted

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I was wondering if somebody here has access to a flowering Butia (preferrably eriospatha) and is willing to send me some of its pollen.

It goes without saying that postal costs will be returned and for the effort you will get my eternal gratitude...

Thanks in advance and kind regards!

My eriospatha are at least a year away from flowering so I can't help...

Bump... still wanted

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• cocos australis? On a Butia?
      By PalmTreeDude
      My Pindo palm I got from Lowes says "cocos australis." What does this mean? Is it even a thing? I looked it up and some Butias came up and other palms came up. 

• How fast do Pindo palms grow? Does it matter wether it's a single or double trunk?
      By floridanewbie
      We bought this pindo yesterday (pic https://i.imgur.com/nQVKAsG.jpg) and were wondering what a good placement would be. Are they fast growers? I keep seeing mixed information online, so i was hoping to get a more accurate answer from the experts
    • Butia Growth Rate
      By The Steve
      This was a real surprise for me.  Early 2016 I planted a strap leaf seedling (3 leaves) that I grabbed from out of the boot of a mature Butia odorata.  It got planted out near the curb, with no care, planted in clay.  I'm not sure what type of watering it gets, but I've never seen it watered.  Anyways, the pics tell the story.

6/2016

3/2018

• butia yatay not yatay??
      By GDLWyverex
      The butia yatay seeds that I ordered from Rarepalmseeds in early October just arrived and to my way of thinking, do NOT look like butia yatay seeds...

What think you???

Richard

• Which Butia is the most cold hardy?
      By jb1336
      I'm located in zone 7b and the winters are in the high 20s to low 30s. Should I get Butia x Jubaea seeds or Butia paraguayensis x Butia capitata? Which one would be the most cold hardy?