Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Butia eriospatha pollen wanted

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I was wondering if somebody here has access to a flowering Butia (preferrably eriospatha) and is willing to send me some of its pollen.

It goes without saying that postal costs will be returned and for the effort you will get my eternal gratitude...

Thanks in advance and kind regards!

My eriospatha are at least a year away from flowering so I can't help...

Bump... still wanted

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Wanted: cocosoid pollen
      By Kai
      I have a Syagrus weddelliana producing inflorescenses and after succesfully pollinating it with its own pollen, I want to try something else. I wish to pollinate its next inflorescense with Butia, Syagrus or maybe even Parajubaea pollen. Any suggestions are welcome of course. The only problem is that I don't live in the tropics and acquiring pollen seems to have become some sort of begging game. Up untill now without any succes I'm affraid.
      So I was hoping someone here on palmtalk recognizes my struggle and is willing to help me out with a baggy containing some special pollen. I estimate that the next inflorescense will be opening in a month from now.
      My gratitude would flow through the universe for eternity.
    • Butia capitata?
      By Desert DAC
      Am I correct on the ID - Butia capitata? If not, any ideas on what palm is it?
      The photo is from tonight, and we've had a mild winter. I've eyed these small feather palms for at least a decade, at a restaurant in Las Cruces NM. This palm is 8 ft tall x 8-10' wide, on a west face, and the site is about 4100' elevation, 32N latitude, arid, and the soils are gravelly sand. Drip irrigation is evident in this landscape. There are a few more of the same palms in the same area, but those are about 1/2 the size of this one.
      There are a few Phoenix canariensis and P. dactylifera or sylvestris in town, at least warmer areas. The fronds look more curved than those, to me.
      Thanks.

• Phoenix and butia after winter
      By Plantasexoticas
      So I went for a drive to the south coast to look at the maturing Phoenix and Butia there. 
      Despite being a bit windswept in places they are looking quite good. Butia seeding quite heavily (tried to germinate before but no success) Phoenix have produced lots of seed too which I've collected as should provide quite cold hardy seedlings. 
    • First post & butia ID request
      By Turtlesteve
      First post on this site but I have been lurking / reading for a while.
      Our house came with a pindo palm that is quite large, especially in terms of trunk diameter.  May be the typical odorata but other pindo's in this area (zone 8) are usually much smaller.  With all of the uncertainty regarding ID of these palms I am curious if it might be some other species.
      I can't figure out how to rotate the photo when posting, the original file is portrait oriented.

US size 12 boot for scale.  The trunk is over 2' in diameter.

Seeds average about 3/4", some are spherical and some elongated.

Close up of new leaves:

Thanks in advance,
      Steve

• Jubaea Chilensis Heat Tolerance
      By anilugurlu
      Hi everybody!
      I'm living in a city which is located in zone 8a.I'd like to grow chilean wine palms and city where i live has hot and dry summers also not wet winters.I don't worry about the cold hardiness but i am not sure that is jubaea's able to grow without trouble in hot summers.My city's last 65 years highest temperature record is 110 f,lowest temparature record is -7 f.And i can say that every summer temperatures reach about 105 f.Dry and sunny heat!So my question is 'Can jubaea chilensis grow healthy without problems in these dry and hot summers at sunny location?'
      (I don't know is it helps but Trachycarpus fortuneis grow without problem rapidly.)Thanks for all future replies and if there is a mistake,sorry for my English:)
      One of the hottest summers that we had(maybe the hottest):