• Announcements

• IPS BIENNIAL - SARAWAK / SINGAPORE JUNE 12-19   01/23/2016

STILL TIME TO REGISTER!!
      Don't miss this opportunity to hike through natural forest areas of Borneo to see palms in habitat led by expert guides. Experience the culture and cuisine of this exotic Southeast Asian country with fellow IPS travelers.
      In Singapore you'll experience the world's largest covered garden, Gardens by the Bay, and tour the venerable Singapore Botanic Garden. 
      You must be an IPS member to register, so sign up today. For more information click HERE (For more info of past biennials and member experiences see the BIENNIAL FORUM on Palmtalk.)   One of the exotic palms of Borneo
    • NEW FORUM - PALMS IN POTS   01/23/2016

CHECK IT OUT BELOW I think it is self explanatory - it's right below the COLD HARDY PALMS FORUM.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NEW "FREEBIE" FORUM NOTICE

12 posts in this topic

This is a new forum for all members (any registered user) to use if they have palm/plant related items that they wish to give away. This is mainly envisioned for the free distribution of seed, but can also include palms, such as excess seedlings, all the way up to in-ground giants. It could also include materials such as pots, soil, or shade structures needing removal.

Under no circumstances will any schemes to make money be tolerated. In addition, be certain that live plant material that you may be shipping or receiving complies with any regulations pertaining to inter-state or inter-continental agricultural trade.

Great idea. I always have seeds to give away from my palms.

Dean,

Excellent:)

Randy

Ah, good!

Time for the freebie jeebies . . . .

Under no circumstances will any schemes to make money be tolerated. In addition, be certain that live plant material that you may be shipping or receiving complies with any regulations pertaining to inter-state or inter-continental agricultural trade.

Excellent forum addition!

James

What a great addition to PT. The ideal forum for poverty stricken matrons like me. :rolleyes:

Peachy.

(a poor widow from the slums who has to wear rags, no shoes and eats from dumpsters)

Erik,

I would like some "free" mule palm tree seed! Who wouldn't? Unfortunately yours comes with a cost most of us can't afford.

Apparently you believe that palm tree growers that are palm tree collectors and traders can not take pics and e-mail you germination rates.

For some reason you believe that only nursery owners can do that! Maybe you should rethink what your information goal is and inclued more people

and more places in your survey.

How could it hurt your survey to offer free seed to everyone! Why favor nursuries anyways. You stated you are doing this to get future business.

Get future business from everyone!

My two cents,

Randy

Erik,

I would like some "free" mule palm tree seed! Who wouldn't? Unfortunately yours comes with a cost most of us can't afford.

Apparently you believe that palm tree growers that are palm tree collectors and traders can not take pics and e-mail you germination rates.

For some reason you believe that only nursery owners can do that! Maybe you should rethink what your information goal is and inclued more people

How could it hurt your survey to offer free seed to everyone! Why favor nursuries anyways. You stated you are doing this to get future business.

My two cents,

Randy

Yeah, but what happens when it comes time to keep up your end of the bargain, Randy? When you make a gentleman's agreement with someone on Palmtalk, you expect them to keep up their end of the deal. I know that's hard for some people... my two cents

Erik,

My two cents,

Randy

Randy I have all ready sent out 500 seeds to non nursery members who are going to post as well. Now I am trying to get some professionals as well who are in the nursery business to get a true germination rate on these seeds. It is not much to ask.

I'm always down for some free seed!!

I love this freebie section allows me to save a lot of palms from chainsaws and get them to happy owners. Thinking about starting a palm rescue lol

I love this freebie section allows me to save a lot of palms from chainsaws and get them to happy owners. Thinking about starting a palm rescue lol

PalmTalk accepts donations. :)

(Top right, Donate Button)