IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

New Palmtalk home page?

BS Man about Palms

Dean- It looks like the pages have changed around a bit?

Can't see "past" attendance on the home page.  Also, used to see who was currently reading a certain thread, is that gone too?

BS

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Checking it out Bill. Something is a little funny, but I can still see "Who's on line" and who's reading what.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "past attendance."

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

I just "reloaded this time and it looks "normal" again on the home page.  But on the last line of individual threads, it just listed who was viewing the thread. Now it lists the "location" of the thread also. ???

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Now I don't know what you mean by "on the last line of individual threads."

:)

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of a thread, the last  blue line "box" says:

"1 members are viewing this topic" etc.

It used to have just the other forum member names viewing it in the box below, now it also shows:

"> PALMTALK » Off Topic Forums » ADMINISTRATION » New Palmtalk home page?"

Now I looked at the homepage again, it lists "14 public members" yet it only is displaying 8 names. Mine is missing too, it used to show.

This doesn't really bother me., I'm just trying to give a heads up if something wrong is starting.

Hmmmm. Problems are afeet. ???  I see we are back after a several hour delay.

Like always i have doubt !  :(

for the past few months i have been watching that few memebrs are invisible to your forum listing of active memebers highlighted in the main page.

but suddenly i see them post one or two post here & their..are their any special provision of stealth mode given to these few memebers..?

i mean not all just 2 or 3 memebers are inivisible to my mointor but suddenly the main page gets highlighted that they have posted a new topic or replied a post ? very strange.

And this in not happening now,but right from the time i joined this forum..how is this possible..

i request the board to make it avaliable to all, that all visitng memebers all be visible to all !no stealth mode_please...

thanks & love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris,

This is one of the problems I am trying to correct. It appears as if the software or database is becoming corrupted.

This may develop into a very big problem.

It is nothing that is intentional. A bigger problem for you is that the birthday notification is acting up as well.

In other words, it is broken, and I can't find anyone who knows how to fix it.

(IPSPTModerator @ Feb. 11 2008,02:41)

Kris,

It is nothing that is intentional. A bigger problem for you is that the birthday notification is acting up as well.

yes, your right & the view calander also pops-up only occasionaly !

As always we are with you !  :)

my guess is that the server HDD seem to be over loaded & the processing engine(Xeon processor etc..) may be outdated for the present added graphic load(250 kb file size limit & the res has also increased upto 1024 x 768..all the new enabled features are all overloading the IPS Site server...!

though i have not actually studied for I.T,if so i would have helped you all... :)

love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif